ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rejected...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kcr

rejected...

Post by kcr » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:42 am

hi all,

just received my rejection letter along with all my documents
here is my time line

ref no:0353xx
date application recvd:14/02/05
decision made:15/02/05

points awarded for academic achievement :25
spouse points:10
work experience :0
and the reason given is
"......we are not satisfied that sufficient evidence on original letter headed paper was submitted from employers.....No duties and responsibilities were detailed within official references therefore we were unable to assess your previous work experience....

guys i wasnt able to give the reference letter in the company letter head due to reasons which i had discussed here , before i had submitted my application and i guess they havent considered all the other evidence i had sent for my work experience.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:37 am

Sorry to hear about that.

Where did u apply fron (country).

kcr

Post by kcr » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:38 am

gunjans wrote:Sorry to hear about that.

Where did u apply fron (country).
I am from India.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:28 pm

Hi,

I am also from India.
can u tell ur details.... and which state u r from.
I am from Delhi.

Is there any way u can get ur reference letter from ur employer on there letter head.
what profession u r into?

rgds,
GS.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:49 pm

sorry to hear bout the rejection, it seems they are very strict on the experience being on headed letter.

mjwall

Post by mjwall » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:02 pm

I'm also sorry to hear about the rejection...

I am too apply for the HSMP next week. I am claiming 4 years of graduate level work experience and I am supplying all my previous original job contracts for each job along with at least one reference for each job.

However, I have had to get into contact with past bosses and manager's who no longer work at a couple of these companies and get new references. These references are now on their new company letterheads and not the original company. Reason's being that they too have left the company and moved on.

Will this be a problem even though I am supplying the original contracts along with contact details (address / phone / email) for each reference?

Any thoughts would be useful - thanks

kcr

Post by kcr » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:38 am

gunjans wrote:Hi,

I am also from India.
can u tell ur details.... and which state u r from.
I am from Delhi.

Is there any way u can get ur reference letter from ur employer on there letter head.
what profession u r into?

rgds,
GS.
Hello gunjans,
I had claimed 50 points for work experience but was awarded 0 points.I am in the IT field .I have already faxed my review request ,If that is negative I think I will have to apply again giving original employer
references in company letter headed letter.
good luck

kcr

Post by kcr » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:47 am

mjwall wrote:I'm also sorry to hear about the rejection...

I am too apply for the HSMP next week. I am claiming 4 years of graduate level work experience and I am supplying all my previous original job contracts for each job along with at least one reference for each job.

However, I have had to get into contact with past bosses and manager's who no longer work at a couple of these companies and get new references. These references are now on their new company letterheads and not the original company. Reason's being that they too have left the company and moved on.

Will this be a problem even though I am supplying the original contracts along with contact details (address / phone / email) for each reference?

Any thoughts would be useful - thanks
hi mjwall,
I think it would be a lot better if you are able to provide original reference letter from your employer(s) on the company letter head, the caseworker follows the HSMP guidance very strictly, as evident from my refusal. as per the guidance, the applicant has to clearly show the startdates,end dates ,designation and a detailed description of the roles and responsibilities.My application was rejected in a day as I failed to get any points for work experience since I had not provided the reference letter in the required format to claim points for work experience.
good luck