ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC Croydon - Premium Appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trueblue19
United Kingdom

PSC Croydon - Premium Appointment

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 am

All

Is there some issue with the premium appointments at Croydon.

My solicitor has advised that no appointments are available until 2nd August.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PSC Croydon - Premium Appointment

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 am

trueblue19 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 am
All

Hi

This is not an issue as normally the appointments are fully booked by around that time. When you are thinking to apply. Check other centres in other cities, or you can book the appointment and keep trying to change it. I have dont this in past as normally people reschedule thr appointments and you can book them. But you need to check many times a day

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am

trueblue19 wrote:
All

I have just checked and i can see appointments for july as well. Clear the cache or try with incognito mode

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks both.

The problem is, the immi solicitor from my employer is scheduling the appointment and they obviously are a large firm and dont check the appointment system as often.

Sparkyram: Can I ask for a favor and is it ok to PM you?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm
Thanks both.

The problem is, the immi solicitor from my employer is scheduling the appointment and they obviously are a large firm and dont check the appointment system as often.

Sparkyram: Can I ask for a favor and is it ok to PM you?
Members are reminded to post in PUBLIC so that all may benefit. PM is a privilege and can be withdrawn permanently. Everyone on the forum is a complete stranger.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm

I think I'm well aware of that, and am not really sure what you're trying to imply?

I also understand PM is a privilege which is why I have asked if I could send one?

I'm obviously not giving out any personal details, nor advising or requesting anyone to share their personal information either.

I was only going to ask Sparkyram to share a screenshot of the available appointments so I can send it to the solicitor's firm. As you can imagine, I dont have access to the booking system. One would have thought its easier to do it via PM.

Cool it!

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 am
trueblue19 wrote:
All

Hi

This is not an issue as normally the appointments are fully booked by around that time. When you are thinking to apply. Check other centres in other cities, or you can book the appointment and keep trying to change it. I have dont this in past as normally people reschedule thr appointments and you can book them. But you need to check many times a day

Thanks
I'm trying to get this done as early as possible, as I have some travel plans towards the fag end of July. For now, am just waiting for the solicitor to advise when's the appointment booked for (And they keep saying nothing available till 2nd Aug).

In the meantime, I thought I'll ask around on this forum and check if anyone can advise whats the earliest date available at Croydon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Screenshots can be added to a post in the public forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:24 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm
I'm trying to get this done as early as possible, as I have some travel plans towards the fag end of July. For now, am just waiting for the solicitor to advise when's the appointment booked for (And they keep saying nothing available till 2nd Aug).

In the meantime, I thought I'll ask around on this forum and check if anyone can advise whats the earliest date available at Croydon.
If there is no flexibility in centre and/or time of appointment, you might struggle to find one that suits. Croydon is the busiest centre as it is the main PSC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Not able to attach the screen shot.. file is too large...may be i will try to do in evening after i reach home.

Meanwhile you can login to below link:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

Fill basic stuffs and it will take you to appointment date selection from where you can take screen shot. it barely take 5 mins to fill this form
Last edited by sparkyram on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 pm
Screenshots can be added to a post in the public forum!!
Thanks, I didnt realise this was possible.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:30 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm
Not able to attach the screen shot.. file is too large...may be i will try to do in evening after i reach home
Thanks Mate!

Can you please tell me whats the earliest date available at Croydon PSC though?

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:24 pm
trueblue19 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm

If there is no flexibility in centre and/or time of appointment, you might struggle to find one that suits. Croydon is the busiest centre as it is the main PSC.

I'm rather flexible with the location as well as time. I think its the immigration solicitor firm which prefers London Croydon, as they have a local office and also provide meet & greet service at the PSC, through a third party.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:34 pm

sparkyram wrote:

Fill basic stuffs and it will take you to appointment date selection from where you can take screen shot. it barely take 5 mins to fill this form
Sorry, the URL doesnt seem to be working. Could you re-check the URL address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm

You do realise that having 'representation' at the PSC makes no difference to your application and that CW will only speak to you?

A solicitor/lawyer/advisor is really not required for ILR unless your case is incredibly complex.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm
You do realise that having 'representation' at the PSC makes no difference to your application and that CW will only speak to you?

A solicitor/lawyer/advisor is really not required for ILR unless your case is incredibly complex.
Yeah, I'm very well aware, but this is a standard practice from my employer. I have been to PSC Croydon 2 years before for a Tier 2 Gen extension, and understand how it works. Had a paralegal represent me at the PSC back then too.

I think my case is rather straight-forward but my employer has a global immigration agency appointed and its a mandate to use them. Employer pays for them so its not an issue commercially, but they do stall & crawl work-wise.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Yeah, I'm very well aware, but this is a standard practice from my employer. I have been to PSC Croydon 2 years before for a Tier 2 Gen extension, and understand how it works. Had a paralegal represent me at the PSC back then too.

I think my case is rather straight-forward but my employer has a global immigration agency appointed and its a mandate to use them. Employer pays for them so its not an issue commercially, but they do stall & crawl work-wise.
That make sense, but as you said they will prefer to get an appointment in London and wont check after every few hours. Best of luck
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Not able to attach the screen shot.. file is too large...may be i will try to do in evening after i reach home.

I was able to create a dummy application and look up for available appointments. No PSC has any appointments available till 4th August!

Anyone else facing the same issue?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 pm
sparkyram wrote:

I was able to create a dummy application and look up for available appointments. No PSC has any appointments available till 4th August!

Anyone else facing the same issue?
i don't think it is an issue.. all appts are booked ...i saw appointments for july 27th 28th two days back and now all are booked. and now the next avail slot is in 7th Aug...

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks for letting me know. This is a complete mess for me as I have urgent travel plans in August and was hoping I can wrap everything up in July. Doesnt look likely now.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Just a quick update. I was finally able to book an appointment at Croydon PSC for 10th Aug