ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary change - payslips required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Re: Salary change - payslips required

Post by crazy_p » Fri May 18, 2018 3:38 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Did you get a visit too?
My previous company got a visit (Uninformed) which lead us to a revoke, but nothing relates to an ILR application. It was during a Tier 2 extension application (Postal). Hence, not sure about this I am afraid!

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Okay, no worries. Since the time we got license, we never had any visit. So more likely to check the compliance duties - just guessing.

When you said revoke - does it mean your company didn't have anything in place? like to show the docs of all the T2 workers etc? or was there a ingenuity issue? on what basis did they revoke?

Also I don't know your current status - are you on ILR or are you waiting for approval of an ILR too?

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_p » Fri May 18, 2018 4:04 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:51 pm
I don't know your current status
No no, mine is totally different. I am still in T2G and I've got sometime to go for the ILR. But I am keeping my eye on too.

I gave all these info from the posts from this forum. I was following this forum for a long time and I've seen CR001 and other moderators advice the users about these facts a lot.

Its a long story regarding the revoke, let's not go there. You'll be totally fine if the things are genuine and the sponsor is carrying out their duties. Hope for the best. Good luck!

vish86
Newly Registered

Post by vish86 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply - we were moving homes so didn't keep track of the thread. I haven't applied for my ILR yet as my Tier 2 visa is valid until March 2019. I have been working for the same company since 2011 and my salary was increased from £26,000 to £35,500 in May'18. My company is A rated and I'm the only employee to be sponsored. We have not had any HO visits before and I haven't had any trouble whilst applying for my previous visas.

I wanted to apply for my ILR quickly to get it out of the way. I have 2 payslips now with the £35.5K salary requirement and was hoping to apply with that as the requirements for ILR asks for just the most recent payslip and bank statement. I will get my HR team to update my new salary to the SMS system. Do you think I should still hold on to get 3 payslips and apply? or 2 payslips with the new salary and one with the old one is sufficient?

Thanks
Vish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 pm

An increase of almost £10k shortly before you apply for ILR is sure to be a red flag to HO and will likely trigger an investigation and/or sponsor visit.

Did all employees get such a large increase??? I am guessing not.

Was the increases reported on the SMS system??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vish86
Newly Registered

Post by vish86 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi,

The salary change was not updated on the SMS system within 10 working days. WIll that be a big issue?

Thanks
Vish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 pm

It appears you only got the increase to meet the ILR requirements.

Not updating on the SMS system AND such a big increase (roughly 36.5%) for only you, is highly likely to be investigated.

What justification does your company have in giving you, the only tier 2 sponsored employee, such a large increase??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vish86
Newly Registered

Post by vish86 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi,

thanks for your reply. The pay increase was to meet my salary requirement for the visa. Is that a bad thing though? I have been working for my company for 8 years now and they want my services to continue so they have given me the pay rise to keep me employed in the company.

Regards
Vish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

The pay increase was to meet my salary requirement for the visa.
To meet the ILR requirement. If you are now worthy of that pay, why were not worthy of that pay for all the previous years??
Is that a bad thing though?

If you are now worthy of that pay, why were not worthy of that pay for all the previous years?? This is the point and HO is hot on this issue with sudden extremely large salary increases only to meet the ILR requirement and not for the previous years.

What is your SOC and job description??
Char (CR001 not Casa)