ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References & Resignation

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mooi
Newly Registered

References & Resignation

Post by mooi » Sun May 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Need some advice from forumers in regard to the below:

I found a permanent job. The problem however is I don't intend to stay in the job for long (due to geographical reasons).

1. Say if I want to continue searching for other jobs while in this one, should I include this current job in my resume (just started on 1st May)?

2. Will that increase my chance of getting other jobs in UK with UK work experience if I include this new job in my resume... or make things worse as I am planning to change job so soon?

3. If yes, does that mean I need to give a referee from this company?

4. What happens if I decide to quit from current company within a few weeks. Will they give bad reviews as my referee?

5. And if I do and any potential employers wish to contact them, my chances of getting a job will be in the company's hands? They might give bad reviews and jeopardise my chances of being offered a good job...

6. How important is references in UK jobhunting?

7. Is it a must to give references when hunting for a job in UK?

I hope those who have experience in any of the above will help to shed some light on the issues highlighted and perhaps others who have similar uncertainties can also learn abt any employment policy limitations in UK. I truly appreciate any info I receive.

Thank you once again!!!