ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deed Poll wording

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bkholfy
Newly Registered

Deed Poll wording

Post by Bkholfy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please share the exact wording of Deed Poll for people who have become British via Naturalisation route?

Every template I have seen online contained a line “a British citizen under Section 37(1) of the British Nationatily Act 1981”. From a few websites I gathered that this only relates to people who were born British.

Thanks in advance!

secret.simon

Re: Deed Poll wording

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Also see The Enrolment of Deeds (Change of Name) Regulations 1994.

The line about Section 37(1) needs to be retained as it appertains to Commonwealth citizenship (including any form of British nationality), which is required in order to execute a deed poll.

If you were naturalised as a British citizen, the relevant section would be Section 6(2) if you were naturalised as the spouse of a British citizen and Section 6(1) otherwise.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bkholfy
Newly Registered

Re: Deed Poll wording

Post by Bkholfy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Perfect, thank you secret.simon!