ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant conversion (Application form Query)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by papabear » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on a tier 2 General Visa(sponsored by a university as a researcher) since Dec 2017 and my visa is valid upto Jan 2018. However, my wife has been in the UK since Jan 2015 on tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff.

I believe there is a 12 month cooling off period for her to be able to switch her job. We have a plan. It would be great if you could let us know if any of our assumptions are wrong.

1. She transfers as a PBS depandant based on my Tier 2 general Visa in July 2018.

The assumption here is the clock for the 12 month cooling off period starts ticking the moment she transfers as my dependant.Is this correct?

2. After 12 months, i.e. after July 2019, she is eligible for a Tier 2 general visa. However, I am aware that she has to goto the home country (outside UK) to make this switch. The reasons for rejection would not be the cooling off period of Tier 2 ICT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3. Now, I have few questions of how to deal with my situation.

a) If I continue in the same university after Dec 2019, then I will be able to extend by tier 2 visa in the UK. Is this correct?

b) However, if I want to move to a job instead of a university with a different employer(some company), the guide says I need to make a new Tier 2 application. It is not clear if I can apply in the UK or should I go back to my home country for this. Could you please suggest me where.

- Is there an issue of cooling off period for when I want to make a new Tier 2 general application for job switch.
- How does this fresh Tier 2 application effect my ILR clock.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Regards,
Sesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm

You state your visa expires in January 2018. Is this correct or should it be 2019??

1. Correct she can switch now if she wants to.

2. Correct.

3a. Correct

3b. You can switch within the UK. Leaving the UK will prompt a 12 month cooling ling off period for you.

If you conti ue to extend tier 2 within the UK you will qualify for ILR after 5 years if you meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by papabear » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Great!! Thanks for the quick response.

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant conversion (Application form Query)

Post by papabear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 am

Hi,

I am filling the application form for conversion from Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant. I am slightly confused with the jargon used in the application form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My wife had applied for Tier 2 ICT and got a visa that was valid from Dec 2014 to Jan 2017 (there was no BRP at that time). Later when she extended her Tier 2 ICT then she got a BRP valid from Nov 2016 to Jan 2019.

The question in the application form is

Your most recent visa or leave to remain (need to fill in start and end date)

(Should I fill the Visa start and end date or the BRP start and end date)

Can BRP be considered as a visa.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to PBS Dependant conversion (Application form Query)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:36 am

Topics Merged. Pleas keep all questions on the same application in one thread/topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 am

The BRP is the visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Post by papabear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:49 am

Okay. I ll keep this in mind. Thanks for the quick response.

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Post by papabear » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding the switch from Tier 2 ICT to PBS dependant application form. I moved to UK in Dec 2017 on Tier 2 General visa with a CoS valid from Nov 2017 to Feb 2018 in which my employer had certified the maintenance for the dependant.

While applying for the switch of visas for my wife on 26th June (the CoS had expired by this date), in the application form, I answered the question "Has your partners sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?" as "Yes". Only later after paying did I realize that the CoS has expired and I might have made a mistake there. I added bank statements of my wifes account that had the required maintenance funds for the last 90 days.

Could you please clarify if I did a mistake in filling the application form.

Thank You.

papabear
Newly Registered
India

Post by papabear » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi,

Can someone give some feedback on my earlier comment, please.

Thank You.