ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this normal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Is this normal

Post by hopefulkd » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:35 pm

I applied for HSMP from Nigeria first week in october 2003.

I was told to supply refferal letter of my experience in November.

This I supplied to the HSMP office by the first week in December. I submitted before the deadline given to me.

My application is going on to six months and I presently dont have an idea of the status.

Can someone tell me if this is normal?

If not, can you please advice me on the next step to take?

This has really affected my plans for the year.

Dip

Post by Dip » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:51 pm

hopefulkd,

Requesting for information is normal, but six months no reply is somewhat too long. Why dont you contact them via email or phone for the status? Details are on the website.

Good luck

Rgds
Dip

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Is this normal

Post by Chess » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:58 pm

I applied for HSMP from Nigeria first week in october 2003.

I was told to supply refferal letter of my experience in November.

My application is going on to six months and I presently dont have an idea of the status.

Hopefulkd..

Papafaith and TJ applied from Nigeria...I am sure TJ applied in November 03...about six months ago and I am not sure he has got a response from HSMP..

Unfortunately, Stereotyping exists in the normal UK populataion including HSMP officers,...and any document associated with 'NIGERIA' or originating from Nigeria will be scrutinised to the ultimate detail.

In otherwords, the documents will be assumed to be fraudulent until proven otherwise..so you just got to sit and wait.

Good luck and be patient
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Standard Home Office practice is to refer all documentation submitted in support of Nigerian made applications back to the British High Commission in Abuja for verification. I don't think anyone has a problem with verification in cases where fraud has been historically documented - the problem is the application of double standards when thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians were allowed entry into the UK under the ECAA scheme despite embassy officials notifying the Home Office of fraudelent applications :x .

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:10 pm

Thanks for your response.

But my question again is how come some other people that applied after me have gotten their response within 2months?

Did their own documents not go through Abuja?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:24 pm

1. Which people are this then?

2. Applications are individual - maybe they had a better prepared application that could be decided faster.

3. Has your payment been collected and have you got an application ref number?

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:32 pm

Dear Kayalami

I applied in early October 2003. Then, one didnt have to pay to apply.
I already have a reference number.

The other people are friends from Nigeria.

They applied after I did and about three of them are presently in UK.

I've sent a mail to the home office several times. The best I got was that my application is presently with a case worker and that there are backlogs.

What do you suggest that I do?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:03 pm

Unusually long time - seems like the caseworker has serious concerns about your application despite the backlog. Perhaps they are trying to get in touch with the relevant employer....without looking at the same info not much I can suggest. If you are on good terms with your referee (sp) check if they have heard from HSMP Team. Address your next e-mail to the Manager of the HSMP Team Business Unit. Try get their name beforehand although the costs of calls from Nigeria to UK may be prohibitive.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Fri May 28, 2004 5:07 pm

This is the response from HSMP after mailing them several times:

"we need proof of work experience for five
years at graduate level we feel that you may have provided this so we
will except copies."

I already sent them the original copies of these requested documents since Dec2003.

What does this imply?

Though I've already sent them copies of the requested documents again, they are yet to acknowledge the receipt.

Please, how much longer do you thinkI need to wait bearing in mind that I applied since October 2003.

What else do you suggest I do.

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Mon May 31, 2004 10:53 am

I think you should check with HSMP team whether they have received your reference letters which you had sent them on Dec 03. Use the tracking system of your courier. If possible, take copies from them confirming that your document is delivered to HSMP and with this confirmation, fax it directly to HSMP including a cover letter asking HSMP about your status quoting your reference number. Hope for the best.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon May 31, 2004 2:11 pm

Of course they are aware that I sent it to them and that is quite obvious from their mail. That is why they accepted that I should send in the copies of my certificate.

Why I'm surprised is why it took them so long to tell me.

How long do you think I still have to wait to get their response?

They've almost totally distrupted my plans for this year.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:13 pm

I finally got my visa in first week of July.

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:27 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

guest 000

Congrats

Post by guest 000 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:54 pm

Congrats once again. I am really glad for U. I am also an applicant from Nigeria. Application received 30th April so I still got some wait.

Pray Ur Ec will be fast and Good.

It is well.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:26 pm

Please what's EC?

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 am

are you kidding ? or you really don't know about entry clearance(EC). You can search in UK home office site for HSMP guidence. If you are a visa national you got to apply for EC. To know whether you are visa national or not, you got to visit the HO site.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:15 am

Please, I think I am confused. What is the difference between the visa that is approved at the embassy after the HSMP is approved at the Home Office and the Entry clearance? Are they not the same?

My visa has been stamped at the British Embassy here in Nigeria. Is there anything else I should do? Is it not the same as the EC?

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:07 am

If the british embasy stamped the visa on your passport, your entry is cleared. Now just plan for the date to enter UK. The last and final test will be at the airport where the immigration officer stamps on your visa. You need to show him the documents (certificates etc) if he insists. Once immigration is done you are in UK. [This is not only for UK it is applicable in many countries. Be friendly to the officer. Give him passport and ticket (don't show him where the visa is stamped). Keep the passport closed when you give him, their work starts from looking at the cover page of the passport and finding out your nationality. Showing him the visa page may only bug him.

[I read this info in some site I don't remember. All the best for your UK trip]