ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Naturalized British Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British passport for Naturalized British Parents

Post by Vinu karthik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am

Hi all,

I am in big confusion as i am not able to get the exact details anywhere. Here is my situation.

We were in UK for 9 yrs from 2007 to 2016. And got our British Passport through naturalisation. We have a daughter who was born in US and hold a US Passport. We got our british passport after she was born. This is where i am not able to get information.

We are now in india for the past 2 yrs due to my husband's job. And there is a high possibility, that we might go back to UK in near future once his project all finished. My question is .....

1. Is my daughter eligible to apply for british passport directly or should I register her as a british citizen first , then do a british passport? ( She had ILR in UK but now it is expired)

2. She is 11 yrs old.

3. If we want to take her with us in case of immediate transfer to my husband, what is the process to go inside UK without the british passport?.

We got her expired ILR, our naturalisation certificate and other documents like birth certificate with out names in it etc........

Thank you.
Vinu

secret.simon

Re: British passport for Naturalized British Parents

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:35 am

Vinu karthik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am
1. Is my daughter eligible to apply for british passport directly or should I register her as a british citizen first , then do a british passport? ( She had ILR in UK but now it is expired)
She needs to be registered first. See requirements for children born outside the UK from Page 27 of the Registration as a British Citizen: Children nationality guidance.

Be aware that it will be expected that both the parents and child will have resided in the UK for a while before applying for registration.
Vinu karthik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am
3. If we want to take her with us in case of immediate transfer to my husband, what is the process to go inside UK without the british passport?.
Apply for ILE.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vinu karthik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:19 am

Thank you so much......but i read the full guidance....Its very confusing.......it still says for the parents who are british citizens at the time of child's birth. No place does it say for the minors eligibility with regard to the parents british citizenship after the child is born......anyways, i think it is better to go for ILE...

And don't we have to pay for the registration. Not able to see the the payment options in the guidance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:24 am

The current registration fee for a child is £1,012 and ILE £1,523
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:08 am

Vinu karthik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:19 am
but i read the full guidance....Its very confusing.......it still says for the parents who are british citizens at the time of child's birth.
There are many different bases for registration of children. Read specifically from Page 27 to 32 of the guidance above. That deals with Section 3(1) registration, which is the category that your child comes under.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vinu karthik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

To get back to the UK though, she should apply for ILE on form VAF4A and Appendix 1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.