ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 GEN to ILR: UK NARIC Information

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Tier 2 GEN to ILR: UK NARIC Information

Post by sparkyram » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Hello Guys,

There are few posts going on for what documents we need to submit to prove english language and also i have gone through the FAQ on english language document. But still i have below query's.

My bachelor degree is from outside UK university and i also have an official letter from my university stating that my degree has been taught in english.

Now, should i still need to get a letter from UK NARIC to assess my english language ? or the letter from university and my degree certificate are enough ?

Also i already have a "statement of comparability" letter from UK NARIC which i obtained on 2013 for my initial Tier 2 Gen application.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR: UK NARIC Information

Post by apsk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 am

sparkyram wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:45 pm
Hello Guys,

There are few posts going on for what documents we need to submit to prove english language and also i have gone through the FAQ on english language document. But still i have below query's.

My bachelor degree is from outside UK university and i also have an official letter from my university stating that my degree has been taught in english.

Now, should i still need to get a letter from UK NARIC to assess my english language ? or the letter from university and my degree certificate are enough ?

Also i already have a "statement of comparability" letter from UK NARIC which i obtained on 2013 for my initial Tier 2 Gen application.
As per Home Office requirements for ILR, it seems you got all the required documents. But English language level B1 and above is also one of the requirement if you read between the lines of English language for ILR, so you may need to get one English language assessment certificate which may cost you roughly £59. That should be enough.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm

apsk wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 am
sparkyram wrote:
Hello Guys,

As per Home Office requirements for ILR, it seems you got all the required documents. But English language level B1 and above is also one of the requirement if you read between the lines of English language for ILR, so you may need to get one English language assessment certificate which may cost you roughly £59. That should be enough.

Thanks apsk for your reply.

That means I can get that "English language assessment" through blue route where it costs around 59 pounds. is it fine to go with blue route ? again in our forums many have been advised to use red route. I have two month time and i can wait for 15 working days to get that via blue route. but is it acceptable ?

Also, I am not sure which rule you are referring you here. If you read the below link on Language assessment based on degree outside UK:

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

It says: Either UK NARIC assessment letter or (University original degree plus official letter from college). In my case i have original degree certificate plus college letter.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 am

sparkyram wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm
apsk wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 am
sparkyram wrote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks apsk for your reply.

That means I can get that "English language assessment" through blue route where it costs around 59 pounds. is it fine to go with blue route ? again in our forums many have been advised to use red route. I have two month time and i can wait for 15 working days to get that via blue route. but is it acceptable ? Yes, it is perfectly acceptable, I took blue route for my wife during her ILR application and also got it confirmed by caseworker at Home Office that Blue route is acceptable, only difference between blue and red route is red route is quicker so bit expensive

Also, I am not sure which rule you are referring you here. If you read the below link on Language assessment based on degree outside UK:

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

It says: Either UK NARIC assessment letter or (University original degree plus official letter from college). In my case i have original degree certificate plus college letter.
Rule of English language of CEFR Level B1 and above, degree certificate or your letter from college/University doesn't confirm that the mode of language was in English CEFR Level B1 and above. You may get away without getting it confirmed from NARIC really (saving £60 by not going to NARIC), but I am telling you what I followed while making ILR application

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks apsk.. Let me see...

Senior guys, admins....any thoughts on above discussion ?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Guys, Any advice on this ?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Guys... Is it ok to order ELA via blue route ? I already have statement of comparability which i have got from UK NARIC in sep 2013 for my tier 2 Gen. I only need ELA now..That also not sure if i need because i have my original degree certificate (issued outside UK) and official letter from college regarding my medium of instruction is english.

My Ques are below:

1. Do i need ELA specifically from UK NARIC ? The rule says either UK NARIC letter or original degree certificate plus letter from university is fine..

2. In case if i need to get letter from UK NARIC for ELA, shall i use Blue route ? or i should get only red route ? where it is mentioned in guidelines that we have to get only from red route as many are saying in the forums.

I have to book appt for aug. please someone clarify

ramv
Newly Registered

Post by ramv » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 am

Hi,

I have got my ILR from Tier 2 main applicant with below docs pertaining to English language.

1. My Degree certificate(Studied my degree in India)
2. Medium of Instruction(MOI) certificate from my university
3. UK Naric letter assessing my English stating my english level is above C1.

However, during the same day service at PEO, they did ask a question about why there is no comparability certificate of my degree and when the case worker checked with his manager, he did mention its not mandatory, I would consider that as a 'good to have' document and I will strongly suggest to have one as this is completely based on the case worker.

I am not sure what blue or red route means with respect to NARIC bit I have waited good 20 days to receive my certificate from UK Naric.

Now let me explain my dependent ILR application, I have applied for ILR for my dependent separately(same day service) with the above 3 documents related to English language, Now they kept the application in on hold as comparability certificate is missing. When I mentioned about my ILR approval without having comparability certificate, they did mention that I am being the tier 2 main applicant, it is not required for me, but its required for my dependent application.

So in short in my opinion, keep below 4 documents handy when you go for ILR.

1. My Degree certificate(Studied my degree in India)
2. Medium of Instruction(MOI) certificate from my university
3. UK Naric letter assessing my English stating my english level is above C1.
4. UK Naric letter stating UK equivalent degree of your degree

Regards,
Ram.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Thanks Ram. So i don want take any chance here. Let me get this . Also did you get UK NARIC letter using blue route or red route ?

Guys, anyone know difference btw blue vs red route ?

Is it mandatory to get the ELA only through red route for ILR applications ? Note: I already have statement of comparability through blue route dated sep 2013

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 pm
Thanks Ram. So i don want take any chance here. Let me get this . Also did you get UK NARIC letter using blue route or red route ?

Is it mandatory to get the ELA only through red route for ILR applications ? Note: I already have statement of comparability through blue route dated sep 2013
The difference between Blue and Red route is Red route is quicker and since it is quicker it bit expensive. Otherwise, as I had plenty of time I took blue route for my wife's ILR application. Also, during our ILR application, I personally checked with HO caseworker and they confirmed UKVI/HO accepts both routes.

Hence, it is not mandatory to get ELA only through red route for ILR application. Hope I am being clear enough?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm

apsk wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm
sparkyram wrote:

The difference between Blue and Red route is Red route is quicker and since it is quicker it bit expensive. Otherwise, as I had plenty of time I took blue route for my wife's ILR application. Also, during our ILR application, I personally checked with HO caseworker and they confirmed UKVI/HO accepts both routes.

Hence, it is not mandatory to get ELA only through red route for ILR application. Hope I am being clear enough?

Thanks apsk i am clear now..

I was confused because , Blue route can also do a fast track service but the only difference is in blue route we have to raise two different request .one for statement of comparability and another ELA.. In red route both comes in same letter.

Also in UK NARIC website they advertised in such a way that, for Work and study take blue route.. for immigration, settlement and visa take red route.

Thats the reason i was skeptical.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:04 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm
apsk wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm
sparkyram wrote:

Thanks apsk i am clear now..

I was confused because , Blue route can also do a fast track service but the only difference is in blue route we have to raise two different request .one for statement of comparability and another ELA.. In red route both comes in same letter. That is not a difference

Also in UK NARIC website they advertised in such a way that, for Work and study take blue route.. for immigration, settlement and visa take red route. I am sure by now you know how good people are at marketing :lol:

Thats the reason i was skeptical.