ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahno
United Kingdom

ILR 10 years question

Post by Shahno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I have 2 queries please. We are currently on tier 2 general visa which is valid until January 2019, my husband is the main applicant and he is going to apply for ILR through the 10 years route. He will qualify for applying next October. My question is does he have to apply 28 days prior to completing 10 years or he could apply for example in November/ December since we already have a valid visa until Jan 2019?

My second question, I know I will have to apply using the flr(m) route and my time will be reset, and I know I can apply either with him or after he receives his ILR. My question is Can I wait a bit longer since I have a valid visa or this rule is not applicable to me in this case?

The reason for this is that I had to send my passport 2 weeks ago to my consulate to rectify a mistake in my name (a missing letter in my grandfather's name), and it will take 4-6 weeks for me to receive it. I have a letter from my consulate confirming this.

Your help is really appreciated!

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 10 years question

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 pm

I have 2 queries please. We are currently on tier 2 general visa which is valid until January 2019, my husband is the main applicant and he is going to apply for ILR through the 10 years route. He will qualify for applying next October. My question is does he have to apply 28 days prior to completing 10 years or he could apply for example in November/ December since we already have a valid visa until Jan 2019?
He can apply at any time but no sooner than within 28 days BEFORE reaching 10 years residence from date of original entry to the UK. If he applies AFTER he reaches 10 years, this is fine.
My second question, I know I will have to apply using the flr(m) route and my time will be reset, and I know I can apply either with him or after he receives his ILR. My question is Can I wait a bit longer since I have a valid visa or this rule is not applicable to me in this case?

The reason for this is that I had to send my passport 2 weeks ago to my consulate to rectify a mistake in my name (a missing letter in my grandfather's name), and it will take 4-6 weeks for me to receive it. I have a letter from my consulate confirming this.
You can apply at any time before your current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks CR001 for your reply I really appreciate it. Do you have any idea where is it mentioned that I can apply any time after him as long as I have a valid visa?

Again, thank you very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:23 pm

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html

You should note that until you switched to FLR(M), it is risky to travel out of the UK on your current visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Thank you very much! I'm not planning to travel anyways.. I just wanted to clarify it just in case I receive my passport late or something.

Thank you very much!