ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same day ILR dependent - Document Request

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramv
Newly Registered

Same day ILR dependent - Document Request

Post by ramv » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi,

I have already got my ILR and I have applied for ILR for my dependedent with same day service on 23rd June in Croydon office. Though we have submitted UK NARIC English Language Assessment certificate, Caseworker did mention that there is UK NARIC comparability doc is missing and we should get one from UK NARIC again. So my spouse ILR application is on hold till they recieve the document. Now that we have recieved the UK NARIC comparibility certificate, we will be sending the document addressing to the case worker in Croydon office as he has advised to directly send it to him, and he will verify the document and provide his decision within 5 minutes as everything else is fine with the documentation. Now my question is,

1. does he really provide the decision as soon as he sees the document(on the same day)?
2. What is the typical wait time to get the decision in these kind of cases?
3. I know this is completley based on the application of individual, but just looking for the average days it would take to give the decision?

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Ram.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Same day ILR dependent - Document Request

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:58 pm

It will likely take a couple or a few weeks. No one can really say how long you will wait.

Not sure how you missed the requirement for both in the form. It clearly states both comparable and ELA is required on page 15, it is AND not OR.
an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the
recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD in the United Kingdom and:

˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was
taught or researched in English to the appropriate level
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramv
Newly Registered

Post by ramv » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:05 pm

So there is no chance that I would get decision on the day they receive my document.

"
Not sure how you missed the requirement for both in the form. It clearly states both comparable and ELA is required on page 15, it is AND not OR.
"
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:58 pm
It will likely take a couple or a few weeks. No one can really say how long you will wait.

an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the
recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD in the United Kingdom and:

˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was
taught or researched in English to the appropriate level
Thats because during my ILR application, I have submitted only English language Assessment Certificate only and still my ILR approved. So I just got carried away. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 pm

So there is no chance that I would get decision on the day they receive my document.
Probably not, I can't recall anyone posting that this has happened.
Thats because during my ILR application, I have submitted only English language Assessment Certificate only and still my ILR approved. So I just got carried away. :(
Yes, due to you having to meet the English requirement for Tier 2, which your PBS Dependent did not have to meet for her visa. Different rules for PBS dependents and PBS main visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramv
Newly Registered

Post by ramv » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks CR001