ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Basmati
Newly Registered
Cape Verde

Re: Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

Post by Basmati » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 am

Received a package from Royal Mail on 13th June, turned out to be HO letter returning the photocopies I re-submitted on 9th May via courier service :roll: .

Bkholfy
Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm

As promised, here’s my update!

On 07/06 I got impatient and submitted the Return of Documents form - thought it was the only way to nudge them! I hoped that if they still haven’t found my documents, this would prompt them in sending me an explanation of what’s going on.

This morning I received a letter, along with all of my documents, informing me that the application was successful and a ceremony letter was to follow shortly. I can’t explain how relieved and happy I am!

Hope everyone else who is in the same situation, hears back very soon!

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 am

Bkholfy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm
As promised, here’s my update!

On 07/06 I got impatient and submitted the Return of Documents form - thought it was the only way to nudge them! I hoped that if they still haven’t found my documents, this would prompt them in sending me an explanation of what’s going on.

This morning I received a letter, along with all of my documents, informing me that the application was successful and a ceremony letter was to follow shortly. I can’t explain how relieved and happy I am!

Hope everyone else who is in the same situation, hears back very soon!
Good to hear!

I also have an update. I received a joint approval/invitation letter yesterday (dated 13th of June) :).

To sum it up: I received the letter on the 19th of May, sent a cover letter on Monday the 21st and just waited from there. Judging by the replies above sending the documents again is not needed if they were submitted via NRDS.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:56 am

It is very good to see updates from you guys. Congrats upon receiving the approval letters and ceremony letters. As I am also waiting, can I ask if the approval letter or ceremony letter comes do some one need to sign it or is it a normal royal mail delivery? Or does it comes from another couriers like DHL or some thing else?
Thank you in advance for sharing ur experiences.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:12 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:56 am
It is very good to see updates from you guys. Congrats upon receiving the approval letters and ceremony letters. As I am also waiting, can I ask if the approval letter or ceremony letter comes do some one need to sign it or is it a normal royal mail delivery? Or does it comes from another couriers like DHL or some thing else?
Thank you in advance for sharing ur experiences.

Regards
Normal 2nd class post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Dear CR001,

Thank you for the reply. Is there any other way to find out it the letter was sent. I am asking just in case if the letter gets missed. I got shared letter box.
By the way pp fee was taken from my acc on 20.06.

Regards,

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi... Any one got any info regarding me previous post?
Is there any other way to find out if the letter was sent. I am asking just in case if the letter gets missed. I got shared letter box. 
By the way pp fee was taken from my acc on 20.06

Thank you in advance

Bkholfy
Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think you can. That was my worry too and I couldn’t think of a way to find out whether the decision letter has been sent out. No one will advise on the progress of your application (via phone or email), unless it’s been over 6 months.

There are quite a few posts about UKVI letters not being received, and the fact that people have to pay the reconsideration fee, eg in cases where they didn’t even know UKVI requested further documents, is shocking to say the least.

You’d think having paid over £1k, they could at least send it by recorded delivery. But hey, what can we do!

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 am

Bkholfy wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think you can. That was my worry too and I couldn’t think of a way to find out whether the decision letter has been sent out. No one will advise on the progress of your application (via phone or email), unless it’s been over 6 months.

There are quite a few posts about UKVI letters not being received, and the fact that people have to pay the reconsideration fee, eg in cases where they didn’t even know UKVI requested further documents, is shocking to say the least.

You’d think having paid over £1k, they could at least send it by recorded delivery. But hey, what can we do!
Hi

I am in a same boat. I applied around 21st of April and i was checking the time line topic and people applied around same time have received there approval. My passport fee was deducted on 29th of May as well. So not sure whether they have posted the letter and i didnt receive it or its still under process.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

scb28
Newly Registered
India

Post by scb28 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 pm

So, an update to my case….

(original timeline:
Application on 17.05.18
NDRS on 22.05.18
HO letter asking for missing photos and docs recd: 11.06.18
Replied to letter: 13.06.18)

Got a call from home office on 2nd July asking if I’d sent original documents for my online application!

Told them I already had done, via NDRS, the envelope was received by HO on 23.05.18, gave her the tracking number. Also told them that I had received the ominous letter in June and had sent a reply, but turns out nobody looked at that envelope either!

She checked and found on her system that the NDRS documents have indeed been received, but she said they are getting so much post these days that things are ending up in the wrong department sometimes, and so they are having to call online applicants to confirm about documents being sent.

Anyway, not quite sure what to make of the admission that their postal dept is a bit of a mess, and that even the self-addressed reply envelope can be ignored/go missing…. but I suppose a call is better than getting a letter saying application is invalidated!

In any case, I wrote a detailed email about my case to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk just to cover my back for any problems later. No response from there yet.

But, passport fees deducted this morning (11 July) so I guess the file has been located and opened at least. How long it may take from here on is anyone’s guess. Will update on any progress.

Good luck everyone!

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi

I have heard that passport fee is totally different than the naturalisation application.

But with my personal experience it took around 30 days for the approval letter after they deducted my passport fee. If you look at the timeline threads you will get an idea. It takes roughly 4 weeks to get an approval letter. But Passport Deduction doesn't mean application is approved.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

scb28
Newly Registered
India

Post by scb28 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Hi

I have heard that passport fee is totally different than the naturalisation application.

But with my personal experience it took around 30 days for the approval letter after they deducted my passport fee. If you look at the timeline threads you will get an idea. It takes roughly 4 weeks to get an approval letter. But Passport Deduction doesn't mean application is approved.

Thanks
Thank you, that timeline is helpful.
I suppose my main worry was that documents might be lost, which I'm now sure is no longer the case. Good to know that the PP fees is a separate process, I suspected as much. My application for nationality as such is not a complicated route, so not expecting any jitters there, but relieved that documents have reached caseworker!
Thanks again everyone.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 am

scb28 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Hi

Thanks
Thank you, that timeline is helpful.
I suppose my main worry was that documents might be lost, which I'm now sure is no longer the case. Good to know that the PP fees is a separate process, I suspected as much. My application for nationality as such is not a complicated route, so not expecting any jitters there, but relieved that documents have reached caseworker!
Thanks again everyone.
Hi,

true. I heard that post handling system HO is not great.

Anyways Best of luck.