ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time allowed between EC and entering UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aeid79
Newly Registered

Time allowed between EC and entering UK

Post by aeid79 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:51 am

Dear All,

i have been granted my EC on 29/4/2008.

i would like to know what is the maximum time frame allowed that i should enter UK within ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Eid

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Sat May 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi,

You should be in the UK withing 28 days of your EC. The reason being, to qualify for Indefinite leave to remain (2 years for marriage etc, 5 years for WP,HSMP) you have to complete 2 or 5 years (depending on what visa you got) in UK and that period starts from date you entered UK for the first time and not the date of your EC.

Its best to enter UK within 20 to 25 days of your EC to avoid any further extension of your stay to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR).

Once you are in UK and are about to apply for ILR, you can apply upto 28 days before completing the qualifying period, which started from the date you entered UK for the first time. But you should to so before your visa expires.

So in short, if you come after 28 days of your EC, you will have to apply for extension first and then complete qualifying period and apply for ILR which is waste of money.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

From a legal point of view, you can enter UK anytime until the expiry of your visa.

regards

aeid79
Newly Registered

Post by aeid79 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 am

valsad wrote:Hi,

You should be in the UK withing 28 days of your EC. The reason being, to qualify for Indefinite leave to remain (2 years for marriage etc, 5 years for WP,HSMP) you have to complete 2 or 5 years (depending on what visa you got) in UK and that period starts from date you entered UK for the first time and not the date of your EC.

Its best to enter UK within 20 to 25 days of your EC to avoid any further extension of your stay to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR).

Once you are in UK and are about to apply for ILR, you can apply upto 28 days before completing the qualifying period, which started from the date you entered UK for the first time. But you should to so before your visa expires.

So in short, if you come after 28 days of your EC, you will have to apply for extension first and then complete qualifying period and apply for ILR which is waste of money.

thanks valsad , i am packing to fly in 4 days :-)