ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:59 pm

ashishashah wrote:need to delete this..sorry
what u want to delete???

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 am

Again confusion

I got an email reply today (for the mail I dropped 1 week back)

they are saying form as VAF2 and Fee as INR 17450

I came to a conclusion now. Fill both VAF2 and VAF10 form and pay the appropriate Fee with Approperiate form while applying itself dont take any decision priorly

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 am

hari15 wrote:Again confusion

I came to a conclusion now. Fill both VAF2 and VAF10 form and pay the appropriate Fee with Approperiate form while applying itself dont take any decision priorly
Hey what about the maintenance funds requirement is it required for dependents for us I got my HSMP in Mar am in in Tier 1 yet???

arjun_007
Newly Registered

Post by arjun_007 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Guys,

any idea whats current HSMP dependent Visa processing time from india ..???
(No response from VFS south...!!)

thanks in advance..

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 am

Well, i got reply form VFs..
But they are syaing fee is 51k(even though i had mentioned that i am on HMP not Tier 1)....And 15 months bank statement (not sure where this rule came from!!).

Really annoyed about services from VFS,they are not consistent..
and icing on cake was they spelt is as Teir 1..they even cann't spell the visa category, how would they know abt. it :) ??
Here is the mail.
-------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, we apologize for the delay to replay.
The applicants can apply for HSMP teir-1 general dependent visa, kindly check the attachments for the documents required to apply for HSMP teir-1 general dependent visa.

Both the principle applicant and the dependent applicant can apply together.

The applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 2800 GBP.
The dependent applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 1600 GBP.

As long as the funds are held in a personal bank account covering the 3 month period and a letter from the bank accompanies the evidence of these funds.
------------------

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:57 am

hari15 wrote:Again confusion

even i got the same reply from VFS south and east...I was suggesting you all the same solution for past 10 days...what do u reckon...pls let me know the updates...cheers

santosh_katakam

Post by santosh_katakam » Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 am

Hi guys,

could anyone of you please answer my query below which i posted couple of days before if you dont mind.

i have a question on the dependant visa fees. i am in uk with hsmp stamped in may 2006 and i have just applied for my extension. my wife and my baby is in india and i am planning to bring them in asap. my wife was here with me since feb 2005 and she went india recently for her delivery. could anyone of you tell me the visa fees either Rs 17000/Rs 51000/- is charged on the basis of per dependant or one fee for all the dependants applied at the same time.

cheers,
santosh

goalpost_in
Newly Registered

Post by goalpost_in » Tue May 06, 2008 11:03 am

Arjun, hi
My wife applied for the dependant visa from VFS south too on the 2nd May (friday). Did you manage to get anyinfo on the preocessing timelines in these parts?

Regards
Last edited by goalpost_in on Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

goalpost_in
Newly Registered

Post by goalpost_in » Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am

hsmp_1476 wrote:I have already sent out all the docs from my side to India for my wife's dependent visa. I havent sent my original HSMP letter :(

I will come to very soon if my decision was right or wrong. I will update you guys after that.

Vikram
Vikram, Any updates on the visa?

regards

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:01 pm

goalpost_in wrote:Arjun, hi
My wife applied for the dependant visa from VFS south too on the 2nd May (friday). Did you manage to get anyinfo on the preocessing timelines in these parts?

Regards
Hi goalpost_in

Can you suggest which form she used to apply for dependant and what is the fee and have u showed some minimum balance in the bank statements...pls let us know...by the way are you on tier 1 or old HSMP...pls confirm

Thanks

goalpost_in
Newly Registered

Post by goalpost_in » Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Its the old HSMP. Showed around 5K here in the current account..from salary again and used the VAF2 to apply.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:11 pm

goalpost_in wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:I have already sent out all the docs from my side to India for my wife's dependent visa. I havent sent my original HSMP letter :(

I will come to very soon if my decision was right or wrong. I will update you guys after that.

Vikram
Vikram, Any updates on the visa?

regards
Hi goalpost_in,

Really confused with the discussion thats going on here. But I will still go ahead and ask my wife to apply. She will be applying early next week. Will update this thread after that.

Thanks
Vikram

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:12 pm

goalpost_in wrote:Its the old HSMP. Showed around 5K here in the current account..from salary again and used the VAF2 to apply.
Hi,

VFS is again contradicting here. I called them last week and they told that they have stoeed taking VAF2. They accept only VAF10. I think the only solution is to fill both of them and take.

How much did you pay for the visa fee? I suppose it is 17K.

Thanks
Vikram

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:14 pm

goalpost_in wrote:Its the old HSMP. Showed around 5K here in the current account..from salary again and used the VAF2 to apply.
thnx for your quick reply goalpost....so they accepted VAF2 for old HSMP dependant...there was a discussion going around for past few days in this thread that whether v need to apply using VAF2 or VAF10...I think your post must have given some hope now as it is pretty recent application which was on May 2nd 2008....

Anyway have you showed the minimum balance of £5000 all the time or is it just the final statement had that amount on....

by the way can you also let us know the fee...Thank you for your time

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue May 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi goalpost_in,

Can you please confirm that you applied for your dependent and paid fees as 17k??How old is your HSMP letter(when was it issued??)

Thansk for your help..
Ashish

jk_hsmp
Newly Registered

HSMP dependent - Maintance Funds clarification link.

Post by jk_hsmp » Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Guys,

Don't worry about the Maintainance funds of maintaing £1600 for each dependent continously for 3 months,

Normally, when applying from within the United Kingdom, you will have to show that you have enough funds, by sending documentation showing you have had savings of at least £800 for at least three months before applying.

Because this is a new requirement and it may be difficult to prove this immediately, we have put transitional arrangements in place for applicants and their family members submitting their applications within the United Kingdom up to and including 29 June 2008.

Up to 29 June 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply. The types of documents you need to send to support your application are detailed below. Until 29 June 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period, but they must be dated no more than a month before your application.

For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable.

Above text is located in the below URL, have a look!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

If any one sucess getting dependent visa please share the info.

Thank you
Jay

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 am

Hi friends,

Please can someone post the link to the VAF10 form.

Very much like Ashish, I am unable to locate it on the VFS-UK.co.in website :(

Thanks,
CD

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 am

cdraina wrote:Hi friends,

Please can someone post the link to the VAF10 form.

Very much like Ashish, I am unable to locate it on the VFS-UK.co.in website :(

Thanks,
CD
It is posted in the same post!! please go to page 3 to find it.
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri May 09, 2008 10:56 am

Does Integra check happen for Dependents as well?

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:15 pm

Integra does not happen for dependents.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi All,

I have another question related to dependent visa. Is it mandatory to get the spouse's name on the passport? Does it affect the dependent visa in any way?

Thanks
Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi All,

I have another question related to dependent visa. Is it mandatory to get the spouse's name on the passport? Does it affect the dependent visa in any way?

Thanks
Vikram
No , it does not.

But, it would have better if, you have started new thread, instead of storming in some ones thread.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:49 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Vikram
I dont think it is necessary. By the way as u strted tht discussion, does anyone know whats the procedure to make the entry of Spouse's name on the passport....let me know
Thank you

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello,

FINALLY It is confirmed that visa fee is 17,425INR..Here is the E mail from VFS..and SURPRISE!!!, we need to fill VAF 2 form..(as they have attached VAF 2 form ,not VAF10)
------------------------
Dear ,

If the primary applicant holds a valid HSMP visa then the dependent can apply under the old rule.
Kindly check the attachments for the documents required to apply for HSMP dependent visa.

The visa fee is 17,425 INR.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.
-------------------------

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:01 am

ashishashah wrote:Hello,

FINALLY It is confirmed that visa fee is 17,425INR..Here is the E mail from VFS..and SURPRISE!!!, we need to fill VAF 2 form..(as they have attached VAF 2 form ,not VAF10)
------------------------
Dear ,

If the primary applicant holds a valid HSMP visa then the dependent can apply under the old rule.
Kindly check the attachments for the documents required to apply for HSMP dependent visa.

The visa fee is 17,425 INR.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.
-------------------------

VFS is so confusing. I had got the exact opposite reply from them, saying that the fee is 17000 and form to be filled is VAF10. Best is to fill both of them and take. And dont forget to take xerox of each and every single page that you are carrying there. They generally ask for copy of filled application form and copy of passport.

Thanks
Vikram