ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application at Croydon - Issues with Biometric system

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vstressedout
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application at Croydon - Issues with Biometric system

Post by vstressedout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker on this forum and have always found the information and advice useful, so I'm hoping to get some today.

I went to the Croydon Premium service centre on Saturday June 23rd, and applied for settlement (Set(O)) after the completion of 5 years of Tier 2 General. After finishing up with document check and biometrics I noticed that the Biometric Acknowledgement queue had not moved at all. I don't think any cases were going through. At about 2:00 pm the case workers started calling people for collection and gave us a letter saying unfortunately due to IT issues they could not do the same day service and they would return the documents via registered post.

I also got a call from my caseworker asking me about why my spouse didn't apply (not eligible yet), and during the call he did say my documents looked fine.

It's been 2.5 working days since then and I've been stressed out waiting for my documents to arrive or a call saying a decision has been made.

Are there any others out there with the same issue or who have gone through the same this year? I've seen posts from 2012 and 2013 where applicants have had to go to their local MP to speed up the process. Do I need to do this? Or wait a few more days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application at Croydon - Issues with Biometric system

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 pm

It has only been 2 days. Just wait a few more days. These things happen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vstressedout
Newly Registered
India

Post by vstressedout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Thank you, does anyone know approximately how long it can take?
I'm moving house in a few weeks and went in for the premium appointment hoping I would have everything sorted by then.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Just out of curiosity..

If some technical glitch happens like this would UKVI refund the premium service money ? Because these delay is caused by them isn't it ? ;) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:08 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Just out of curiosity..

If some technical glitch happens like this would UKVI refund the premium service money ? Because these delay is caused by them isn't it ? ;) :)
Unlikely I think as decisions are usually processed within a few days. Note that a technical system glitch is different to 'application held for further checks' which takes weeks/months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Just out of curiosity..

Funny as it may sound, I had a Tier2 extension back in 2016, and IT systems went down the same day. Premium processing fee (I think it was around £500 back then) was indeed refunded back.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Had the same issuw in Croydon in 2012... no refund AND they took weeks to inform me of the outcome, despite telling me they would call the next day. No-one ever called, just got my BRP and docs one day.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Just out of curiosity..

Worth asking for refund, atleast of £610 (same day service fees)

vstressedout
Newly Registered
India

Post by vstressedout » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:45 am

I have emailed for a refund as they even held my documents without letting me know the outcome. No harm in trying IMO. I didn't get a call or an email, and they never answered the phone at the centre.

And just as an update: I did get the documents back today and my BRP yesterday, with the date on the BRP being the next working day.