ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied EEA FM some quesrions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peaceandlove
Newly Registered
Portugal

Applied EEA FM some quesrions

Post by peaceandlove » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello guys, Im just seeking insight here. I have also applied for EEA FM,still in progress.. married to EU national, with COA-with right to work received. My documents including passports are still with HO. For now I have already found a job.. How ever my question is, how do you open a UK Bank account for payroll purposes when I don't have passport with me as everything is in HO? Has anyone encountered this situation?
would really be great to get some insight from anyone who has gone through something like this.

Thanks.

Astro-south
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Applied EEA FM some quesrions

Post by Astro-south » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi peaceandlove,

I managed to open a savings account with Halifax completely online 2 years ago, I didn't have to submit anything, but they carried out a credit score check in order to establish my identity. I don't know if they still have this type of account but it's worth checking as it was very simple, you get a sort code and account number immediately. Good luck!

sebasb21
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by sebasb21 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 pm

I opened Monzo Bank account online, with a photograph of my passport and a short video taken wih your phone.

Maybe you have a photograph of your passport handy.

Goodluck!

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:49 am

peaceandlove wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:02 pm
Hello guys, Im just seeking insight here. I have also applied for EEA FM,still in progress.. married to EU national, with COA-with right to work received. My documents including passports are still with HO. For now I have already found a job.. How ever my question is, how do you open a UK Bank account for payroll purposes when I don't have passport with me as everything is in HO? Has anyone encountered this situation?
would really be great to get some insight from anyone who has gone through something like this.

Thanks.
You can request you passports or any documents back at any time now going here https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml , they will send them back in 2-10 days.