ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Rejection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dcot78
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Sponsor's Passport

Post by dcot78 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Dear all,

I am going to apply spouse visa for my wife in a couple of weeks.

I am gathering all the documents but someone has told me that you need to photocopy all pages of your passport and get it certified.

I can get it certified but do I have to print all 20 pages of my passport and certify each page ?

I think bio-data page is enough or do I have to print my whole passport ?

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Sponsor's Passport

Post by rathernicelydone » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 am

According the FLR M guidance notes:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_2017.pdf

"Documents provided with the application must be originals. All supporting evidence must be in the
form of original documents.
Copies of any kind are not acceptable unless there are valid reasons for not being able to
provide the original document.
The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a
covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document."

I submitted my original passport when applying for my wife's visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 am

rathernicelydone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 am

"Documents provided with the application must be originals. All supporting evidence must be in the
Copies of any kind are not acceptable unless there are valid reasons for not being able to
The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a
covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document."

The UK sponsor DOES NOT have to submit their original passport. Copies are sufficient. Everything else must be original.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 am
rathernicelydone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 am

The UK sponsor DOES NOT have to submit their original passport. Copies are sufficient. Everything else must be original.
I know I've to provide certified copies of my passport but do I've to take photocopies of whole passport or just the bio-data page ? Someone told me that you've to photo copy whole passport which doesn't makes sense but still I am unsure.

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

You only need to provide a copy of your sponsors UK passport, and this only needs to be of the Bio page. It does not need to be a certified copy. The Home Office are able to confirm your sponsors passport information using their system.

If you’re using the stamps in your sponsors passport to show entry/exit stamps for their visits to you, then you can also provide copies of these. They do not have to be certified.

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:24 pm

A little further down from the quoted section above, in the FLR(M) guidance notes, in Section "10. Documents" says:
If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document.
Which indicates that it needs every page copied, even blank pages, but need not be certified.

The FLR(M) application itself, on page 62, says:
If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document and any associated Biometric Residence Permit. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Dantean wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:24 pm
A little further down from the quoted section above, in the FLR(M) guidance notes, in Section "10. Documents" says:
If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document.
Which indicates that it needs every page copied, even blank pages, but need not be certified.

The FLR(M) application itself, on page 62, says:
If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document and any associated Biometric Residence Permit. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages.
FLR(M) is used when you are applying as leave to remain as a partner when you are already in UK or extending your stay.

I am applying from outside the UK as entry clearance so these FLR(M) rules doesn't apply on me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm

You DO NOT have to send the sponsors original passport. A copy is sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Regarding Spouse Visa Application

Post by dcot78 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am

Dear all,

I hope you'll be fine.

I am filling out spouse visa application form on my spouse behalf and I am the sponsor.

I am confused on 2 things - How can I pay the priority application fee or will it ask me during the online application payment process ?

Second question is that when I've filled up the application form and submit online then my spouse have to sign the application form and post me the printed copy in UK so I can send it to Sheffield ?

Your help will be highly appreciated, Many thanks

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm
You DO NOT have to send the sponsors original passport. A copy is sufficient.
"CR001" - You need to read the post first then you've to lock it.

You are keep locking the posts without even reading them ? Either you don't understand or you are just being a dictator who does what ever he/she likes.

My question is different and also my subject is different then it makes sense to make a new thread or topic. Do you want me to keep posting everything in one topic as people read the posts by their subjects first. I hope you will understand that locking the posts is not going to help anyone, only it is showing that you are just being a dictator. Kindly read the posts first then lock it and I am not expecting you to answer, it will be helpful if you can stay away.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding Spouse Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Please, read the topic link about multiple posts/topics that has been provided previously!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:29 pm

And in case you didn't familiarise yourself with the forum rules when joining, below is the link to the Top 25 FAQs for information.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:26 pm
Please, read the topic link about multiple posts/topics that has been provided previously!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
I've read these twice and also couple of days ago.

Now can you read my posts which can clear your confusion ?

dcot78
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Rejection

Post by dcot78 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am

Hello there,

I applied for spouse visa which has been rejected. The rejection is very strange and does not make any sense to me.

According to Rejection; There are some pages missing in my bank account statement and only couple of month statement transactions are shown.

According to ECO, I didn’t provide full statement which shows my wages slip and he is not satisfied that I have provided the required bank statement.

But I provided all the statement documents which were 6 pages in total and 8 months bank statement.

I provided 8 months bank statement + 8 months wages slip + Company Letter + Company contract letter + P60’s of last 3 years and my income is way above of 18,600.

Looks like when documents went to Sheffield, they didn’t scan them properly. My bank statement each page has transaction on both side like front and back.

Now they miss the information and I provided the Original bank statement and also provided the photocopy.

What should I do ? Go for an appeal, Re-apply or someone has said go for Pre-Action Protocol Letter.

Your help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks :)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Rejection

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:29 pm

Why did you send 8 months payslips, when the requirement is 6. It may have confused the ECO and also some pages missing whilst scanning.

Go for Pre-Action Protocol if you can prove you have submitted all the payslips.

If you can write the exact wording of refusal here taking out personal details we can have a look.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:29 pm
Why did you send 8 months payslips, when the requirement is 6. It may have confused the ECO and also some pages missing whilst scanning.

Go for Pre-Action Protocol if you can prove you have submitted all the payslips.

If you can write the exact wording of refusal here taking out personal details we can have a look.
It is not the matter of wages slip, if you read my previous message in detail where I am talking about bank statement.

I provided the bank statement where transactions were shown on both side of paper. There were total 6 pages and looks like ECO has missed the documents during scanning. He has just scanned the first and last page of statement, in refusal he is saying several pages are missing in the bank statement.

There were total 3 pages but when transactions are shown both side of paper it will make 6 pages.

These pages were not missed, transactions were mentioned in both side of paper (front and back) and looks like he has missed scanning the whole bank statement.

Does it makes senses ?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm

ECO do not do the scanning, neither do Case workers. They have a dedicated teams in reprographics area who put support bundles through industrial sized scanners which can photocopy in both sides and are then uploaded into PDFs.

Yes you mentioned 8 months worth of documents in detail. Someone may have just scanned 6 months worth leaving some docs missing or perhaps didn't scan it properly.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm
ECO do not do the scanning, neither do Case workers. They have a dedicated teams in reprographics area who put support bundles through industrial sized scanners which can photocopy in both sides and are then uploaded into PDFs.

Yes you mentioned 8 months worth of documents in detail. Someone may have just scanned 6 months worth leaving some docs missing or perhaps didn't scan it properly.
They have not scanned even 6 months documents, looks like only two and in reality first and last page of bank statement. What should I do to get this sorted soon or where to contact as it is clearly their mistake.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:30 pm

PAP or Appeal by submitting all documents they claim to be missing.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:30 pm
PAP or Appeal by submitting all documents they claim to be missing.
Appeal will take a long time, any shorter or quicker way ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 pm

I think in contrary to forms of other categories where there is a checklist of documents attached and that's why caseworker showing incompetency in a lot of cases because that checklist is missing in spouse visa application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Post by dcot78 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 pm
I think in contrary to forms of other categories where there is a checklist of documents attached and that's why caseworker showing incompetency in a lot of cases because that checklist is missing in spouse visa application.
Visa is granted, I complained to HO Sheffield and explained the situation. They accepted their mistake and issued the visa in a week.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi congrats you managed to make it successful,I am in the process of submitting spouse visa application.If it's possible,could you tell me please how did you make the complaint?Any information you share will be more helpful to others when they go through the refusal.