ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration from US with remote jobs?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

byeTrump
Newly Registered
United States of America

immigration from US with remote jobs?

Post by byeTrump » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Hello, I am hopeful that someone might have been in a similar situation as my husband and I. We are both full-time employed with 100% remote jobs in the technology industry - we both work from our home, and can literally work from anywhere with a decent internet connection. We both make over $125K USD each annually, and have excellent savings as well. We're considering moving abroad with our three children, and we don't need employment - we can take our jobs with us. We have no family or other connections to make this easier. Can anyone offer advice? I can't figure out which immigration scheme we might fall under, given that we will be working but won't be taking jobs in Ireland, and we will likely need to use local schools and other services for our children (for which we are very happy to pay taxes!)

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: immigration from US with remote jobs?

Post by PasadenaTom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:49 am

I'd suggest you start here. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/im ... ion-finder

The ideal situation would be if you or your husband had an Irish-born parent or grandparent, which would allow the one with such heritage to claim citizenship.

Barring that (and I am no expert) it would seem your options are limited.

You don't qualify for a Stamp 0 visa, which would allow you to live in Ireland. But that seems geared toward retirees, or others of independent means. Your income level is probably enough. But you aren't allowed to work or engage in a profession with that visa. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Stamp%20 ... mation.pdf

Anyway, it appears But there is no path to naturalisation with the Stamp 0 visa. And you can't avail yourself of State benefits. So even with sufficient income, that would seem to rule out school for your children.

It appears that all the visas that could allow you to become a naturalised citizen either require you to have a work permit, or to make a sizable investment in the country (€1 million, not financed, and committed for three years). If you are self employed or employed by a firm that is not in Ireland,a work permit seems unlikely.

You might want to contact INIS or the Irish Consul in the US, as yours is a situation that doesn't seem to fit their typical visa/immigration scenarios.