ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Refusal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lambo10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Citizenship Refusal

Post by Lambo10 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Dear all,
Firstly, thanks for your valuable discussions and contributions.
I would like to make enquiry from the board that; can I still travel outside UK and comes back with my Permanent Residence Card even if my application for naturalization is refused under the 10 years immigration rule?.
Sir/Ma, I did require a tangible and substantial answer and evidence, as the refusal is given me nightmares.

Thank you all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Refusal

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:32 pm

A citizenship refusal does not affect your PR status. You are free to travel.

What route you took to citizenship is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Lambo10 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:27 pm
Dear all,
Firstly, thanks for your valuable discussions and contributions.
I would like to make enquiry from the board that; can I still travel outside UK and comes back with my Permanent Residence Card even if my application for naturalization is refused under the 10 years immigration rule?.
Sir/Ma, I did require a tangible and substantial answer and evidence, as the refusal is given me nightmares.

Thank you all.
Just to be absolutely certain, what was the reason for the refusal?

Lambo10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Lambo10 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Thanks a million.
I was refused under not been compliant with UK immigration laws in the 10 year period prior to the date of my application.
Though, it stated in the letter clearly that the best time for me to apply will be on or after 16 December 2020 and that any application before then is unlikely to succeed.
So, my question is whether I can still travel in and out of UK without problems with my Permanent Residence Card. pending the 2020 time lag.

Kindest regards.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Lambo10 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm
Thanks a million.
I was refused under not been compliant with UK immigration laws in the 10 year period prior to the date of my application.
Though, it stated in the letter clearly that the best time for me to apply will be on or after 16 December 2020 and that any application before then is unlikely to succeed.
So, my question is whether I can still travel in and out of UK without problems with my Permanent Residence Card. pending the 2020 time lag.

Kindest regards.
On the presumption that your refusal was based on failing the Good Character requirement, then you will be fine to travel. There is no effect on your PR whatsoever.

Lambo10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Lambo10 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Yes, you nsoled it at the head ' good character '
That I was in breach of immigration rules before December 2010 and working as self employed registered with HMRC for tax purposes. The record(s) which the case worker said they have to hand in the refusal letter. Do you think I should go for reconsideration or not?.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Lambo10 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm
That I was in breach of immigration rules before December 2010 and working as self employed registered with HMRC for tax purposes. The record(s) which the case worker said they have to hand in the refusal letter. Do you think I should go for reconsideration or not?.
I assume this breach was already known since you said you were advised that your application would likely fail. If so, were you infact in breach of the immigration rules as they've stated? If so, then their decision was correct and there is no case for reconsideration. If what they say is not true, then you should make every effort to clear your name. Worry about citizenship later.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear that. But I believe you're fine to travel as they have refused the naturalisation application. Your ILR is still valid and you can travel as many times as you want.

Can you share your timeline and also can you tell whether you applied for Passport at the same time as of naturalisation application. If yes, was your fee deducted before your application was refused.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 pm
Hi

Sorry to hear that. But I believe you're fine to travel as they have refused the naturalisation application. Your ILR is still valid and you can travel as many times as you want.

Can you share your timeline and also can you tell whether you applied for Passport at the same time as of naturalisation application. If yes, was your fee deducted before your application was refused.

Thanks
As per his/her post in the timeline thread, passport fee was deducted 14/06/2018 (applied 09/05, NDRS/JCAP on 15/05).

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:21 am

Lambo10 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Hi,

Will you state that whether your passport fee will be refunded as you said it was deducted. Have they mentioned in the letter.

Sorry i didn't understand your refusal reason. Was this reason known to you before (means did you apply 2nd time).

Would you mind sharing your reason.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Lambo10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Lambo10 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Reason for refusal simply means that I was living in UK illegally between May 2008 and December 2010
( 2010 was the year I got married in UK). The 10 year rule is counted backward; that's 10 years back from the date you made your application. For example, application made in May 2018 will be count back to May 2008. So, if you are not in UK legally, permit to leave to remain or residence document on or before 2008 May date you are not eligible to apply for UK citizenship under 'GOOD CHARACTER'
NOTE: I am not contesting their decision because it is correct. Though, I wasn't aware of the 10 year regulation before I applied. I have been given a substantial information in the letter sent to wait till 2020.

Application: 09/05/2018 ONLINE PLUS JCAP
Account debited: 14/05/2018
Passport fee deducted: 14/06/2018
Refusal letter: 24/06/2018

HO promised to return £80 for unsuccessful application.

Hope you are cleared with this information.