ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will take company parental leave affect my ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tristanintheuk
India

Will take company parental leave affect my ILR?

Post by tristanintheuk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi all,

My company has recently started a new policy to allow their employee to have better support to their family. This policy gives employee 8 weeks parental leave with 100% base salary. The UK Statutory Paternity Leave is 2 weeks.

I already took the 2 weeks Statutory Paternity Leave when my baby was born and the second week was unpaid. I wasn't eligible for the Statutory Paternity Pay due to I joined the employer less than 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth.

Now I can take extra 6 weeks leave with 100% base salary and the unpaid second paternity leave week will be paid back to me.

Given that I can have longer parental leave (in total 8 weeks) than the Statutory Paternity leave, I am just wondering will taking such a long time of parental leave affect my future ILR application?

Does ILR have restrictions about how long the applicant can take for their leave? Especially for the leaves that are given from employer but not the government.

Thanks all.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Will take company parental leave affect my ILR?

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm

No it should not
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tristanintheuk
India

Re: Will take company parental leave affect my ILR?

Post by tristanintheuk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Anyone have similar experience before? Any further comments?