ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent : ILR PBS dependent help pls

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shinhwa
China

What to write down on 7.13 in application form

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello guys,

I am now filling in my form, but I got comfused about 7.13 in the form.

it asks "How long have you lived in the UK?"

What should I fill out? 4years 10months? Because my visa started earlier than actual entered date, and I am applying my ILR based on my visa started date. What I am worried about is the case officer would think I am not qualified to apply.

Please help, thank you very much.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: What to write down on 7.13 in application form

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:24 pm

just fill in the correct info is fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

shinhwa
China

T2 Dependant applying ILR on the own

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 am

My partner has got ILR already, as I came to the UK later than him, I have to apply mine on my own.

I am viewing my SET(O) form, the paper one, there's no any information about my partner to be filled out. Well, if I have to go with the paper form, which documents from my partner who has been my T2 visa’s main applicant I must submit? As I booked my appointment before the online apply re-opened, I can not switch to online application.

Thank you very much.

shinhwa
China

Re: T2 Dependant applying ILR on the own

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:01 am

How can the case woker know who my main applicant is if there's no any where to fill in my partner's information? 😓

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 Dependant applying ILR on the own

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 am

HO has your fully immigration details, they know the story!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shinhwa
China

Documents for Tier2 dependant's IRL application

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello, my appointment is coming in week!

Could any one here check what documents I should submit? Especially, anything comes from my main applicant? like his BRP card, passport, payslips? I have to use the paper form, and the documents checklist on it is really short! (see attached photo) This makes me worried about my application.

Thank you guys!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Tier2 dependant's IRL application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:39 pm

You don't need a 'covering letter'.

If you are applying by post, you can send copies of spouse's documents.

As already advised, HO have your ILR spouse's details!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shinhwa
China

Urgent! application date!

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm

I booked my appointment on 17 May, and my appointment is on 28 Jun. But the application comfirmation shows "Date of Application: 17 May".

I am worried about this! Because the earliest date for me to apply IRL is 31 May.

I didnt realise they dont use the appointment date as the application date. Will I be refused?

shinhwa
China

Re: Urgent! application date!

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 pm

In addition, If I change the appointment date today, is the "Date of Application" also going to be changed to today? Or, I have to cancel my current application and restart a new one?

Thank you.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 pm

"Following as I am in the same boat"

This will be very weird, if the date when you book the appointment is taken as the date of application! I think it should be the date when your physical appointment takes place.

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 pm

iubus2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 pm
"Following as I am in the same boat"

This will be very weird, if the date when you book the appointment is taken as the date of application! I think it should be the date when your physical appointment takes place.
I feel wired as well. But in the ONLINE APPLY procedure, they do take the appointment booking date as the application date! Which means, if the applicants has booked the appointment before visa expiration date, even their appoitments are taken after visa expiration date, they can still survive!

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 pm

It seems to me that if you apply using the online application form, then that is the date of your application. If you fill out the paper form and take it to your PSC appointment then the date of your application will be either the date of the PSC appointment or the date you put on your paper application form (can be the same date if you wish). My question is, if you have to submit the online form early enough to get a PSC appointment and pay for the visa and the appointment, you may actually have an application date before you are eligible to apply, ie longer than 28 days before your 5 year anniversary.

I really don’t think you can attend a PSC appointment after the expiry date of your visa.

I am very confused about it! The dates also affect the validity of financial and other documents. Should they be within the 28 days before the online application date or the PSC appointment date?!

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:15 am

michali wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 pm
It seems to me that if you apply using the online application form, then that is the date of your application. If you fill out the paper form and take it to your PSC appointment then the date of your application will be either the date of the PSC appointment or the date you put on your paper application form (can be the same date if you wish). My question is, if you have to submit the online form early enough to get a PSC appointment and pay for the visa and the appointment, you may actually have an application date before you are eligible to apply, ie longer than 28 days before your 5 year anniversary.

I really don’t think you can attend a PSC appointment after the expiry date of your visa.

I am very confused about it! The dates also affect the validity of financial and other documents. Should they be within the 28 days before the online application date or the PSC appointment date?!
Hi michali,
so happy for your careful reply. I am quite relieved. I missed the online apply, I booked the appointment without submiting form online. Well, I have carefully read the appointment confirmation again and again, and also asked some of my friends, all of them believe that the DATE OF APPLICATION on it must be the application of the PSC, but not the settlement application.
Then, for your question, I think it will be better and safer to provide documents (not all of them but some necerary ones) from within 28 days before your form submitted. Good luck, friend!

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 am

Hi Both,
Are you also including any documents to show your income and funds even though only non-working partner is applying? Also, are you showing anything for the availability of sustainable accommodation?

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 am

iubus2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 am
Hi Both,
Are you also including any documents to show your income and funds even though only non-working partner is applying? Also, are you showing anything for the availability of sustainable accommodation?
I dont work! The part about work information on the form I have left blank. I will only show my bank statements. As CR001's replies me, the HO has everything about my partner.

I will also bring a letter from our lawer to comfirm my parter has just bought a house, just in case, as we just moved in a month ago.

shinhwa
China

Urgent : ILR PBS dependent help pls

Post by shinhwa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am

i have same questions.can anyone help, please?

I am PBS dependant, and I am applyingon my own.

12A. Your Finances
For all applicants except those applying in the bereaved partner category.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building
society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to
maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
(See Note 4).

I didn't complete section 5 since I am not working. Do I need provide my bank statements? I have money in my account. Or I should provide anything to prove my partner's finance?

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?

Does it ask whether I receive international transfer from my parents? What does " regularly" mean? each month? But my parents only sending money to me some times. Should I tick yes here? If so, how much I should fill in? Because it's asking the amount for each month.

5.7 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of incomes as indicated in 5.1 - 5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependants adequately.

Do I need to fill in this section? I am PBS dependant, and I am applying on my own. My partner has got his ILR.

Thanks guys!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent : ILR PBS dependent help pls

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:40 am

Topics Merged. Please keep your questions in your own thread and refrain from tagging onto other members topics!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

See also point 12 in the link below!!

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 pm

just pop in to share my good news!

My application got successful in Glasgow today. It took about 2.5 hours. Everything went smooth.

Good luck to all of you!

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Shinhwa,
Congrats!! can you share:
a) What did you do for answers in section 5 and 6
b) what documents did you take and submit. Did case worker ask for any docs related to finances and accommodation?

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:52 am

iubus2005 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Hi Shinhwa,
Congrats!! can you share:
a) What did you do for answers in section 5 and 6
b) what documents did you take and submit. Did case worker ask for any docs related to finances and accommodation?
Hello,

a) in section 5, I have only answered 5.1 - 5.5, because I dont work. In section 6, I have answered 6.1, 6.2, and 6.4 - 6.9.

b) Actually, I have submitted most of items on the checklist, plus marriage certificate, 15 evidences of co-habitation (covering last 2 years), my last 3 months bank statements, my partner's last 3 months bank statements & payslips, and land registry (my partner just bought a house last month). Also my partner has written a cover letter for supporting my application.

Hope my answer can give you any help! 😃