ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adding my child dependent on FLR(M) form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrisperera
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Adding my child dependent on FLR(M) form

Post by chrisperera » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 am

Hello Forum!

My wife will be applying for FLR(M) next month and I wanted to clarify a few details.

My wife and son are on Tier 2 General - dependents.
I received my ILR last month, and my son can now apply for British citizenship due to this.

We are not planning on adding him as a dependent on my wife's FLR(M) form, but the form has a question: " Section 4 - Dependent Children
In this section you must include any dependent children that are applying with you. (see the payment
section for details on who may apply with you) It is mandatory to complete this section
as required. Please note this application will be invalid if you do not.

4.1 Do you and your sponsor have any children together?
"

I think I need to answer "YES" to the question and add my son, but If i do that do I need to pay the additional dependent fees for my son? According to the gov.uk website, "Each dependant added to your application" = £1,033 each person

So how do I answer the question about dependent children without incurring an additional depdendent charge, because I dont want to add my son as a dependent as he is entitled for citizenship now (due to my ILR).

Thank you for all your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adding my child dependent on FLR(M) form

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:58 am

Why are you changing your wife's visa to FLR(M)??

She can continue as a PBS dependent as you got ILR based on 5 years tier 2 general, as you posted in link below. Or have you just posted incorrectly and actually applied via long residence and not tier 2??

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... l#p1627401

Changing to FLR(M) will reset her clock for ILR to zero and a new 5 year route, 2 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chrisperera
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by chrisperera » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 am

Hello CR001
Thanks for your response.

I got ILR based on 10 year long residence, and as i understood she has to change to FLR(M).

Is that correct?

Please advise
Thanks

chrisperera
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by chrisperera » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 am

Just to clarify, I was on Tier 2 for 4 years and then my 10 years was complete, at which point I applied for ILR based on 10 years.

Sorry for the confusion

Thank you!

chrisperera
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by chrisperera » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Hello
Any responses? Thanks