ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLEMENT APPEAL

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zarina
Newly Registered
Pakistan

SETTLEMENT APPEAL

Post by zarina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:20 am

Heya,

Me and my hub have been maried 2years now. Im from the UK and he is from Pakistan. The visa was rejected in january and they have gven us a notice of pending apeal for the 30th May! Does anyone know how long it will take after that????? I opted for an oral hearing.......

MSS

Post by MSS » Sun May 04, 2008 2:13 pm

After 30th May, you will have to wait 3 weeks to get the decision. I would consider getting an immigration lawyer to represent you. Seriously, though if you can just re-apply - dont go down this appeal route - its really bad. I havent seen my husband for a whole year, and his appeal case was refused in March.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 04, 2008 4:01 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zarina
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zarina » Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 pm

you make an appeal when you are refused entry to the UK and the officer overseas is given 19 weeks to prepare further evidence as to why visa shouldnt be given

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 am

The AIT list the hearing not the FCO.

The refusal is the refusal – it is based on the evidence at the time, no more evidence is gathered by the ECO. The only additional evidence that might be added will come from the UKBA presenting officer at the appeal. Unlikely given that Islamabad struggles to get the court bundle to the hearing in any event.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 12, 2008 2:45 pm

I have just won my appeal case after naerly 9 months of waiting. The decison to review the matter after I sent the appeal notice was only made 2 days before hearing. They didnt even send docs to IAT. The judge was not a happy chappy. I suppose if you havent heard till the day of your hearing will probally mean good news.The ECM will normally revoke the ECO decision at the kast minute and agree to grant visa

zarina
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zarina » Thu May 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Im confused...I lodged my appeal in January. and the 19 weeks of waiting wil be over next week. My AIT11 letter of pending Appeal says they will get in touch after 30 may and let us know of any hearing date. Is that all that will happen or would I have to provide new evidence. The thing is I don't have an immigration lawyer as I simply cannot afford it

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 pm

The 19 weeks is only a guidance. It takes longer than that, sometimes as much as 6/7 months before the appeal haering. You will get notification of appeal about 6 weeks before it is actually heard.

If you dont have a lawyer, then you can do it yourself if you feel confident enough. The judge hearing the case is normally very helpful.

You can take along with you any documentary evidence which you are going to use and it supports your case. You have to remember that you only have to prove the 2/3 points they have refused you on.

If you are lucky enough like me,the BHC Islamabad might revoke their decision and grant you visa. they like leaving it to the very last minute just to make you sweat

zarina
Newly Registered
Pakistan

hey

Post by zarina » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:52 pm

I am still waiting for a letter telling mw when my appeal hearing is.

Does any1 know what type of qns they ask...does the judge try n catch u out?? im stressed