ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension for neonate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Halshimitzu

Country of nationality (tier 2 extension)

Post by Halshimitzu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Please what do I put as nationality of a baby born in the uk but has no registered nationality or passport yet?

I am trying to extend my tier 2 visa.

Halshimitzu

Tier 2 extension for neonate

Post by Halshimitzu » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 pm

My baby was born 2 weeks ago. I plan to include her as part of my tier 2 extension. My baby is yet have any nationality. What do we put as my baby’s nationality on our application for leave to remain? There’s no option for ‘no nationality’

Thanks

Halshimitzu

Tier 2 extension baby born in UK

Post by Halshimitzu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 am

I was at the UK border agency today (Liverpool) to extend my tier 2 visa.

I was told the application (myself, wife and baby) is held until I show evidence that I have applied for a passport from the Nigerian embassy for my baby.

I argued that babies born in the UK can have visas as long as there is a birth certificate with the names of both parent but they said that is what others do. I argued that no where in the application was I asked to provided evidence for application for passport for my baby. There was also no baby passport mentioned in the application checklist I provided. I have been told to send evidence that I have applied for a passport for my baby.

What are your thoughts about this please?

vinny

Re: Tier 2 extension for neonate

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:38 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Halshimitzu

Post by Halshimitzu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:34 am

Any comments please. As you can see from the merged posts, I have been asking this question for awhile now...

Halshimitzu

Post by Halshimitzu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 am

Vinny and CR001 could you please help with this query?