ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application - referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lapin
Newly Registered
Italy

Online application - referees

Post by lapin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi,

Just registered and found this thread which partially addresses my question, but I'm still in doubt.

I too am applying for naturalisation (by marriage) onlineand have found two referees.

My question is: when applying online will I be given a form to download at the end for the two referees to fill in, once the application is submitted? I take it it's not section 5 of the 'form AN', as it seems to be limited to the paper application, am I correct?
The reason why I'm asking is because the online application form simply requests their addresses over the last 3 years, their passport numbers, profession and dates of birth. There's nothing about a signature (I havent' submitted the whole thing yet, just completed the part marked as 'Application'). You guys just wrote that I need to download the referees form, is it after completing the online application?

This is so confusing...

Another question: I take it their photos are not requested (silly question but some info found online made me worry)

Many thanks!

gmccarthy
South Africa

Re: Online application - referees

Post by gmccarthy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm

At the end of the online application you download and print off a form for each reference which they need to sign. You don't need photos of the references, but you do need to stick your photo to the reference form.