ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty Notice to declare or not ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fixed Penalty Notice to declare or not ?

Post by tkshafati » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi everyone
This issue really worry me I have applied in may but never mentioned one FPN I got convicted in 2016 , not sure wether to send a cover letter now and declare it or not ! Anyone please give an advice about this issue ! As it's not clear on the AN form to declare it or not unless you failed to pay or has received numerous of them FPN .
Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Fixed Penalty Notice to declare or not ?

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Just one and more than 1 year ago, it will be fine. No worries.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Clearly stated in the form and guide I advice to read again

It also says this will not effect your application but you do need to mention them

Your choice they can refunds your application since you failed to declare them and can also ban you for next 10 years
Did you apply passport at same time ?
If yes then they took the passport fees yet?

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:59 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:46 pm
Just one and more than 1 year ago, it will be fine. No worries.
Yes , just one and was more than a year ago !!

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:01 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm
Clearly stated in the form and guide I advice to read again

It also says this will not effect your application but you do need to mention them

Your choice they can refunds your application since you failed to declare them and can also ban you for next 10 years
Did you apply passport at same time ?
If yes then they took the passport fees yet?
Where dose clearly says you have to mention it ? It's says if more then one , or failed to pay ? No I didn't apply for passport

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm

""We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all criminal
convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences).
Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless
either:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices""
It's very clearly stated including traffic offences does not matter 1 year ago or 10 years ago has to declare
Good luck don't think they will check but if they did you will get trouble

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:44 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm
""We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all criminal
convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences).
Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless
either:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices""
It's very clearly stated including traffic offences does not matter 1 year ago or 10 years ago has to declare
Good luck don't think they will check but if they did you will get trouble
Thank you for prompt reply.
Yeah I read that but what I understood is you don't have to declare it as it not form part person criminal record unless either a person has failed to pay or received numerous FPN other wise you don't have to declare it , anyway what you recommend? I sent a letter now and declare or what ?
Thank you

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Well if you read caseworker guideline they actually mentioned that if person fail to declare minor offence not sure the exact working they don't count as deception
So you should be ok Even if they find out

Well if your call to be honest but if I would at your place I write matter to them and simply write I fail to mentioned FPN I am sure this will not harm and will not effect your application at all

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm
Well if you read caseworker guideline they actually mentioned that if person fail to declare minor offence not sure the exact working they don't count as deception

Well if your call to be honest but if I would at your place I write matter to them and simply write I fail to mentioned FPN I am sure this will not harm and will not effect your application at all
Thank you mate for input , any cover letter temple please ?

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:26 am

nidaulhaque wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm

I can't see where in the guidelines where it said if a person failed to declare a minor offence won't count as a deception?

Lash
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lash » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi, Can I know if you received your ILR? I have a FPN for speeding that's under 1 year and need to know if this will affect my ILR. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Lash wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:52 pm
Hi, Can I know if you received your ILR? I have a FPN for speeding that's under 1 year and need to know if this will affect my ILR. Thanks.
Instead of tagging your repeat question onto every thread you find, please start your own topic and post your questions and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.