ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa appeal won - next steps

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

primarovnatka
Germany

Fiance visa appeal won - next steps

Post by primarovnatka » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi,
My Fiance visa was rejected last year. Recently I won the court. Now my question is: How to get an appointment to submit my passport?? In order to get an appointment I have to fill in an application and pay, but I have already paid last year when I got rejected, and I do not need any new application?
Thank u for your advices in advance

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Re: Fiance visa appeal won - next steps

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

Hi There

I recently won my appeal in court for a fiance visa also.

The appeal was allowed on the day but i am yet to receive the decision in writing! It has been 4 weeks so far

From what i understand once you have the decision in writing and the 14 days have passed for the home office to appeal, they are then to contact you but have no idea how long that is!

Please could i ask how long you had to wait for the decision in writing?

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 am

you do not have to pay again.... they will contact you but as usual all in their own timing!

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot for your post.
I have not received the writing yet, but in the court we handed in few papers to prove some points which was accepted by the judge and home office lawyer. It was their mistake to ignore some of the points and evidences we provided anyways.. I just asked this question to be prepared for when the written result comes and hoping to book an appointment in advance if it’s possible at all because, is very difficult to find a free spot in near future... I just didn’t explain everything so that it wouldn’t bore others.
In the court it was said that it take 2 weeks for the written part to come. If u have a lawyer may be u can follow up your case.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Oh I see!

Ours was a similar situation to yours, except the home office didn't even turn up to our hearing lol incompetence at its finest!

Unfortunately there is no way to book an appointment to go and hand your passport in advance, you literally just have to wait however long it takes for the home office to contact you,( as if we haven't waited enough!)

As far as i am aware no paperwork or application to fill out again and no more fees to be paid as long as you have correspondence from the home office that states please send us your passport you should be fine.

Waiting for the decision in writing is the first step, my barrister advised court administration is slowd!

but on the other hand it shouldn't take too long as a decision has already been made, if the judge had to go away and think about it then that might take even longer!

Hope this helps and hope you get good news soon!

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

I did it a couple of years ago but it might be still valid. You can e-mail determinations.team@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with the appeal number and the name of the appellant. Our visa was processed in Warsaw so they re-sent the determination to warsaw.singletierenquiries-ubs@fco.gov.uk.

Hope it helps.

primarovnatka
Germany

Post by primarovnatka » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Thank u both very much for the kind and helpful answers;)