ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP DOCUMENTATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANGELA LIMA

Absence from UK

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 am

Dear all,

I am about to apply for BC. I was absent arount 110 days. My father passed away and I needed to go abroad for 90 days to sort some legal procedures , 10 days was on health checks and 10 was on holidays.
I have how to prove everything. Will I have problem in relation the number of days?

Regards,

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: Absence from UK

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon May 15, 2017 3:42 pm

From the Guide AN, page 8:
Guide AN, page 8 wrote:To satisfy the residence requirement you must not have been absent for more than 90 days in the last 12 months. And the total number of day's absence for the whole 5 year period should not exceed 450. If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with a British citizen, the total number of day’s absence for the whole 3 year period should not exceed 270.
So if your father's death was in the last 12 months, then you'll need to wait until the number of days you were gone in the last 12 months is 90 or below. If it's been more than 12 months, then you're good to go.

ANGELA LIMA

CITIZENSHIP DOCUMENTATION

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Dear all,

What documentation a non eea family member with PR can present? I was not working for two years caring for my child and I had a car accident as well.

Regards
Angie