ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Stage of 7 Year Family Visa for Brazilian Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

2nd Stage of 7 Year Family Visa for Brazilian Wife

Post by mp3wizard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm

We are based in the UK and My wife and I have completed our first stage of the process, I initially supported her in terms of using my salary for the income requirements, we are now on the verge of applying for the second stage, and my wife meets the minimum income requirements threw her job, and I am also employed and comfortably meet the income requirements, however my job is not working out so well, and I am concerned if it ends, if it will affect our chances of getting the visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 2nd Stage of 7 Year Family Visa for Brazilian Wife

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm

7 year family visa :? Don't you mean 5 years :?:

If your wife meets the minimum income level alone, the application for FLR(M) will qualify regardless of your earnings.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I thought as we applied after a certain time in changed from 5 years to 7 years, it was a while ago, perhaps i'm mistaken :?

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:03 pm

thanks for your reply by the way, I think she is worried how it might look in terms of us supporting our lifestyle and me being unemployed albeit temporarily hopefully

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:05 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm
7 year family visa :? Don't you mean 5 years :?:

If your wife meets the minimum income level alone, the application for FLR(M) will qualify regardless of your earnings.
There is no change to the 5 year spouse route to settlement (ILR). 2.5 x 2.5 years
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Post by mp3wizard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to state, that she has asked me to print payslips from work and get a covering letter as per the process, but is this even necessary if it's her who will meet the income requirements alone?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm

mp3wizard wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 pm
I'm sorry I forgot to state, that she has asked me to print payslips from work and get a covering letter as per the process, but is this even necessary if it's her who will meet the income requirements alone?
No, it's not essential. Your choice whether you submit proof of your income.
(Casa, not CR001)