ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR as 'qualified person' (worker) with jobseeking gap

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andorus
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR as 'qualified person' (worker) with jobseeking gap

Post by andorus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Appreciated Richard. In this case I will apply in Jan 18'. In case EHIC requirement is dropped I would use self-sufficiency route otherwise I will go for Job Seeking explaining 5 months gap.
Thanks again.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Yes, I think that is exactly the problem. It would have been safer to declare the period as self sufficient, especially since you voluntarily quit the job. Clearly you had enough money to survive, but not private health insurance.

In retrospect it would be reasonable to classify the period as job seeking, mainly because you actually did manage to find a new job. However, with the situation as it is, it is not clear whether the home office will go along with this interpretation. It could easily go to tribunal - so you should plan for that.

andorus
Newly Registered

Post by andorus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 pm

PR granted using logic of 5 months job seeking. Solid Cover letter + supporting documentation. Processing time 3 weeks!