ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uswaleh26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by uswaleh26 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am

Country applied from - Pakistan
Online app submitted - 04/03/18, Standard
Biometric enrolled - 15/03/2018
Documents sent to Sheffield - 15/03/18
Email confirmation from UKVI : 26/03/2018
Documents received back from Sheffield : NOT YET
Not straightfarward email - 05/06/18
HO contacted employer - 06/06/2018
Sponsor Contacted by HO- NOT YET
Non heard anything from VAC either.

It has been over 12 weeks since the application. Should I contact the HO or wait it out a bit more.

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:16 pm

uswaleh26 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am

It has been over 12 weeks since the application. Should I contact the HO or wait it out a bit more.
I am also in similar situation, biometrics on 14-03-18, escalated last month on 14th still no sign of any outcome! 15 days after escalation is just round the corner but no update, thinking of contacting local mp if I didn't hear anything this week.

uswaleh26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uswaleh26 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 pm

sreekan2 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I am also in similar situation, biometrics on 14-03-18, escalated last month on 14th still no sign of any outcome! 15 days after escalation is just round the corner but no update, thinking of contacting local mp if I didn't hear anything this week.
[/quote]

Have you thought about contacting home office personally?

Geo2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Geo2018 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Online application: 15.03.2018
Non priority 
Biometrics done 19. 03.2018
Email from Sheffield:application received in Sheffield 4.04.2018
Phoned to UkVi for information on 8.06.2018and told decision is not made but call us again on Monday 11.06.2018
My solicitor e-mailed them on 12.06.2018 and received in 30 minutes after email. As decision is made on 11.06.2018 and wait for later info emails. After 10working days I called again to ask why is so delay to send our passport and documents. 
They escalate case 22.06.2018 and told to wate up to 15 working days. 29.06.2018 solicitor send second email to ask information and received answer : ,,Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry, your application is currently under review, you will be contacted if any extra information is needed.
Your patience is highly appreciated.
Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration." Then we replay and send copy of previous email where was written as decision is made and asked to confirm which one is correct. No answer received yet. AND 
Today 2.06.2018 we received email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk 

A decision was made on your application on 02 July 2018 and you will be contacted shortly regarding the return of your documents. 
If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK 
few hours later received second email
,,Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
If it has been over 15 working days for non- settlement applications or 60 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:
Full Name 
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
E-mail address used on application:
We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents."
But I think second email is scam and hope email is from Sheffield is true.

uswaleh26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uswaleh26 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 pm

sreekan2 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:16 pm
uswaleh26 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am

Have you thought about contacting HO directly?

MrsYounis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MrsYounis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:28 pm

What is your timeline?
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm
64 days & no reply yet

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 pm

naz khan wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:49 pm
Esi esi wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 pm
naz khan wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm
Esi esi wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:15 pm

The company was my husband's work
Closing down .
The issue P45 for him.
But he moved to another business for same boss.
They say he should wait on the same business six month that's why they refuse.
so what u add in new applicattion for asss proof
All the letter from New company
And he is stay six months on the new business and after that we apply for the visa.
So new application when u submeted and u received any call from ho and u did priority application or normal
Normal application
Yes he received a interview call from home office
And they call on the workplace at same-day he was working there and they have an interview with business owner.

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Esi esi wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 pm
naz khan wrote:
Esi esi wrote:
naz khan wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm

so what u add in new applicattion for asss proof
And he is stay six months on the new business and after that we apply for the visa.
So new application when u submeted and u received any call from ho and u did priority application or normal
Normal application
And they call on the workplace at same-day he was working there and they have an interview with business owner.
So ur three months complete and why they still not take decision u involove mp for puch ur application

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:28 am

naz khan wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 pm
Esi esi wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 pm
naz khan wrote:
Esi esi wrote:

Normal application
So ur three months complete and why they still not take decision u involove mp for puch ur application
Now is over 7 mont

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:40 am

hi essi esi
just email ur local mp they will help u in ur application after 3 months u have rigth to ask so why u r wasting time

Nkhan18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nkhan18 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:08 am

Nkhan18 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 am
imran321 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

I received my docs yesterday... it was all there !! They also inserted an automated printout letter stating that it is absolutely normal to receive the docs back before the decision is made on the via application etc. So I emailed homeoffice yesterday to ask them the status of my application. They replied back to my wife this morning stating that the decision has been made and we have to wait to hear instructions from the VAC office.

So my wife received a text message from the VAC office saying application “ref” has been processed with today’s date. Now we are just waiting to when she can actually collect the passport..!!

@nabeela biometric was done on 10th May at Lahore and it’s a priority service I opted for.

Good luck guys, this whole process is painful.
@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi all
I called UKVI call centre on 14th of June and escalated case. Than on 20th of June I had a phone call from HO. Later on 26th of June received an email from Sheffield Stating.....

"Dear Khan,Thank you for your enquiry regarding your application process.
Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible"

last night I just thought let me call the call centre and see any updates. The guy I spoke to he said the decisions has been made, wait for the instructions from the VFS within next few days. I asked him when was it made because 2 days ago I received an email which was different. He said he dont have the date, it only showing the decisions has made. Very strange Please everyone make dua I will do the same. I pray at the end everyone gets positive response, Insha'Allah!
@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
This morning my wife received a text message from VAC Sylhet Bangladesh to collect her Passport, she went and got her Passport, Alhumdu'lillah Visa Issued. It was Priority application took 39 working days. I pray everyone who's waiting they get the positive response, Insha'allah!

Nabeela78680
United Kingdom

Post by Nabeela78680 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:27 am

Nkhan18 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:08 am
Nkhan18 wrote:
imran321 wrote:
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

I received my docs yesterday... it was all there !! They also inserted an automated printout letter stating that it is absolutely normal to receive the docs back before the decision is made on the via application etc. So I emailed homeoffice yesterday to ask them the status of my application. They replied back to my wife this morning stating that the decision has been made and we have to wait to hear instructions from the VAC office.

So my wife received a text message from the VAC office saying application “ref” has been processed with today’s date. Now we are just waiting to when she can actually collect the passport..!!

@nabeela biometric was done on 10th May at Lahore and it’s a priority service I opted for.

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi all
I called UKVI call centre on 14th of June and escalated case. Than on 20th of June I had a phone call from HO. Later on 26th of June received an email from Sheffield Stating.....

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible"

last night I just thought let me call the call centre and see any updates. The guy I spoke to he said the decisions has been made, wait for the instructions from the VFS within next few days. I asked him when was it made because 2 days ago I received an email which was different. He said he dont have the date, it only showing the decisions has made. Very strange Please everyone make dua I will do the same. I pray at the end everyone gets positive response, Insha'Allah!
@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
This morning my wife received a text message from VAC Sylhet Bangladesh to collect her Passport, she went and got her Passport, Alhumdu'lillah Visa Issued. It was Priority application took 39 working days. I pray everyone who's waiting they get the positive response, Insha'allah!
Wslaam congratulations
Keep us in your duas
What date did u recieve your first email from HO

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 am

Lucky18 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm
@Miyash, will you share with me if when did you pay the ihs for your child?
any update ur application ur timeline 30 days now over plz update

Nkhan18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nkhan18 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 am

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:27 am
Nkhan18 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:
imran321 wrote:
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi all

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
Wslaam congratulations
Keep us in your duas
Thank you sister I will
The first email I received was on 08/06/2018 stating this... "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".

Nabeela78680
United Kingdom

Post by Nabeela78680 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:46 am

Nkhan18 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 am
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi all

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
Wslaam congratulations
Keep us in your duas
Thank you sister I will
The first email I received was on 08/06/2018 stating this... "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".
Oh okay i had recieved the first email on 11/06/18
Despite biometric done on 26/4/18 priorty
Still after u getting response gives me hope that i might hear this week

Nabeela78680
United Kingdom

Post by Nabeela78680 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:46 am

Nkhan18 wrote:
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi all

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
Wslaam congratulations
Keep us in your duas
Thank you sister I will

Nkhan18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nkhan18 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:22 am

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:46 am
Nkhan18 wrote:
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Nkhan18 wrote:

@imran321
@sevendust12
@nabeela

Salam Everyone,
Wslaam congratulations
Keep us in your duas
Thank you sister I will
Insha'Allah, and if you don't hear anything by this week or next week, try contact your MP, as its over 30 working days. My wife's visa they made the decision on 28th of June, and I had a phone Interview regarding my 2nd job was on 20th June. I was really worried Interview was about 40 mins and he asked so many Questions about 2nd job and my income was only £2000. I was so nervous and asking myself why he keep asking about that as my main job covers the threshold of £18600. (Don't know why my solicitor told me to show that 2nd job) anywhere. My main job... I am self employed and Income was £19500 he never asked anything regarding my main job.

Lucky18
Philippines

Post by Lucky18 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am

naz khan wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 am
Lucky18 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm
@Miyash, will you share with me if when did you pay the ihs for your child?
any update ur application ur timeline 30 days now over plz update
Hi Naz khan,

So far nothing today marks our 32 BD, I emailed the Ukvi international contact centre and received a generic email from them.
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of both your applications, I can confirm that your applications are being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
If it has been over 15 working days for non- settlement applications or 60 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
E-mail address used on application:
Looks like I need to wait longer this time, hope in another 2 weeks or maybe less to hear the good news about our visa.
Best of luck to us and the rest of the applicants who had been waiting to be reunited with their loveones. May our good God hear our prayers.

Aqib1992
Pakistan

Post by Aqib1992 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) non priority.
Application Submitted Online: 19/01/2018
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad, Pakistan
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 23/01/2018
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 07/02/2018

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 20/02/18 (Approx)

Email recieved on 03/04/18 : Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 12/04/2018
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 12/04/2018

We are on Week 23rd and haven't heard anything, Please could anyone give advice on what should i do next please.....

Decision Made : N/A
Contacted For Collection : N/A
Collection Made : N/A
Decision Of Application : N/A
Validity Of Visa: N/A

Please keep me in ur duas x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Can member PLEASE NOT use this topic for TIMELINES posts!!!!

There are timeline threads specifically for INDIA and PAKISTAN where timelines should be posted.

This topic is ONLY for those who are waiting due to delays.

If this topic is going to turn into a timeline one, it will be locked.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 1-740.html

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... 1-340.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Email recieved on 03/04/18 : Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

We are on Week 23rd and haven't heard anything, Please could anyone give advice on what should i do next please.....

Did you receive an email stating “your application is not straight forward”?

This email usually comes through on the 12th week from biometrics.

uswaleh26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uswaleh26 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Have you tried contacting Home Office to ask the status of the application?

Y123m
United Kingdom

Post by Y123m » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Last night i called UKVI again. Found out nothing new. However, the call agent said that UKVI have a staff shortage and additional numbers were being brought in. She said she wasnt using this as a excuse. She also said they have access to limited information due to security reasons and they worked for a private organisation and not UKVI.

I have concluded that calling UKVI multiple times is pointless. Once the call operator escalates the case then theres nothing much we can do. The call operators are useless but i dont blame them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Y123m wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm
Last night i called UKVI again. Found out nothing new. However, the call agent said that UKVI have a staff shortage and additional numbers were being brought in. She said she wasnt using this as a excuse. She also said they have access to limited information due to security reasons and they worked for a private organisation and not UKVI.

I have concluded that calling UKVI multiple times is pointless. Once the call operator escalates the case then theres nothing much we can do. The call operators are useless but i dont blame them.
They are not 'useless', merely do a job, fielding 1000's of calls a day, often with repetitive answers to applicants. There is only so much they can do or say. It is a known fact that the call centre is a third party agent. You cannot realistically expect all of the call centre staff to be qualified level 3 immigration advisors with full access to your entire application information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Y123m
United Kingdom

Post by Y123m » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Y123m wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm

They are not 'useless', merely do a job, fielding 1000's of calls a day, often with repetitive answers to applicants. There is only so much they can do or say. It is a known fact that the call centre is a third party agent. You cannot realistically expect all of the call centre staff to be qualified level 3 immigration advisors with full access to your entire application information.
I understand what you say. I know the call operators are not at fault. They are doing their job with limited information.
The people at fault are UKVI. Everything would be so much simple and easy if call operators worked directly for UKVI. Thats why i said its pointless in calling them.