ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent from outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Swesh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR dependent from outside UK

Post by Swesh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi All
I’m a constant visitor to the forum, but posting first time today.
My situation is bit weird and I’m looking for answers if someone can help.
I went to UK in 2009 on a student visa, graduated in 2010. I met my husband in UK and we both got married (registered) in UK in 2013. After I finished my PSW visa in 2013..I transferred to his dependent visa (tier 2 general)
His maximum allowed 6 years on tier 2 finished in Feb 2018, and we were ditched by his employers at the last minute, so he could not apply for ILR on a 5 year route. His 10 year’s finishes next month and he would be applying for his ILR on a 10 year long residence route. He had to apply for Further leave to remain and I had to come back to India.
We have a one year old son who is born in UK.
Now my question is how can I apply for Dependent visa from here as we need to show an income of 18600 + 3800 for our child, as he was not working in the last 6 months. We can show our P60’s that we were earning much more than that till Feb this year but nothing in last 6 months.
All our savings have exhausted in last 6 months...not that we had that much.
Can someone please help.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR dependent from outside UK

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 pm

His maximum allowed 6 years on tier 2 finished in Feb 2018. That means also your dependent visa ended in Feb 2018. Although it's history now, but why not apply ILR immediately once 5 years satisfied on Feb 2017?

You mentioned both you and your husband went back to India and apply for further leave to remain? It would not be Tier 2 assume that your husband is on Restricted Tier 2 and required 1 year cool down.

So are both of you and in the UK and what the visa you and your husband has now?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 pm

You mentioned both you and your husband went back to India and apply for further leave to remain? It would not be Tier 2 assume that your husband is on Restricted Tier 2 and required 1 year cool down.
No, that is not what the OP posted.
Swesh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Hi All
I’m a constant visitor to the forum, but posting first time today.
My situation is bit weird and I’m looking for answers if someone can help.
I went to UK in 2009 on a student visa, graduated in 2010. I met my husband in UK and we both got married (registered) in UK in 2013. After I finished my PSW visa in 2013..I transferred to his dependent visa (tier 2 general)
His maximum allowed 6 years on tier 2 finished in Feb 2018, and we were ditched by his employers at the last minute, so he could not apply for ILR on a 5 year route. His 10 year’s finishes next month and he would be applying for his ILR on a 10 year long residence route. He had to apply for Further leave to remain and I had to come back to India.
We have a one year old son who is born in UK.
Now my question is how can I apply for Dependent visa from here as we need to show an income of 18600 + 3800 for our child, as he was not working in the last 6 months. We can show our P60’s that we were earning much more than that till Feb this year but nothing in last 6 months.
All our savings have exhausted in last 6 months...not that we had that much.
Can someone please help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Swesh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Swesh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 pm
His maximum allowed 6 years on tier 2 finished in Feb 2018. That means also your dependent visa ended in Feb 2018. Although it's history now, but why not apply ILR immediately once 5 years satisfied on Feb 2017?

So are both of you and in the UK and what the visa you and your husband has now?
As I said earlier..his employer ditched us at last moment..he did not have enough salary at the completion of 5 years in Feb 2017.