ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permission to marry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vicki0211
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Permission to marry

Post by Vicki0211 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi all

My fiancé and I met with the registrar 2 weeks ago and were told that we would get a letter from HO within 10 days to confirm whether we had 28 days notice or whether it would be extended.

It’s now been 14 days. Do we just wait it out or is there a number to call? The wait is horrible!

Thanks
Vicki

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Permission to marry

Post by equitydealer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:19 pm

Apparently it can take up to 28 days to get a response

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-part ... n-national
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Permission to marry

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

After 14 days, my partner and I did not hear back, I called the council where we registered and they said they had a note on their system that our notice period would only be 28 days. We updated our registry date and are now married without ever receiving the letter.

So try the council.