ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorcing Indian wife but have a child there...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ParadiseSeeker
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Divorcing Indian wife but have a child there...

Post by ParadiseSeeker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:42 am

My partner of 3 years has been married to an Indian woman for over 12 years. He was forced whilst under age as a deal for his older brother to marry his wife's sister. They didn't have a happy marriage - he didn't spend time with her, only with his friends, but occasionally had sex with her and they argued a lot. They had a daughter in 2007. He left India on/off around 2009 or 2010 and then came to the UK in 2011. She has remained in India with their daughter and has a very well paid job there. We met in 2013 and we started a relationship in 2015. We now have 3 kids and he has leave to remain here.

Now, he wants to divorce his wife and I want that too as I want to marry him. But his wife is very unstable. She has threatened to kill herself because we had a new baby. She threatens to kill their daughter too. When she found out about me, she took her daughter to a busy road and no one could contact her until eventually my partner managed to. She was threatening to put them both in front of cars.

He is scared that if he files for divorce from the UK as a legal resident here, firstly it will not be accepted, but secondly, she will go ballistic and stop all contact with their daughter. She has temporarily done this before. Is there a way he can get legal help with that? Is there a way of resolving that? And he is also scared she will cause.issues for his aging parents.

What can he or should he do? Advice needed please.