ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student loan EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MissAcr
Newly Registered
Albania

Student loan EEA family member

Post by MissAcr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:15 pm

I have been living in UK for 3years and a half.
I was an asylum seeker and the process lasted 3 years but in May I got my residence card through marrying an eea partner not through asylum.

Now I am working but I would like to study too.
Will I be eligible for a student loan???

I can provide proof that I lived here over 3 years from the letters that I received from Home office and few bills, but I wasn’t allowed to work)

ribena

Re: Student loan EEA family member

Post by ribena » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Please check with student finance

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

rex_m
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rex_m » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:48 am

I believe you should be eligible.

You'd need to provide your BRP, marriage certificate, EEA partner's original ID, evidence of EEA citizen exercising treaty rights so payslips, P60s etc. Be prepared for them to ask for evidence regarding your previous status. If your application is successful, you will need to provide evidence for continued evidence each term before payment is released.

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:44 am

You are not eligible,you need to have the residence card for 3 years,I have just been refused and my friend was stopped after they gave him the loan for 1 year,he had to get loans to finish his course.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Also see similar query.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.