ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post EU1 Application befor parents arrive in Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sparklingcyder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post EU1 Application befor parents arrive in Ireland?

Post by sparklingcyder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 am

Hello. I am a Spanish national who recently moved to Ireland for work. My parents are US citizens with long term residency in Spain based on being the financially dependent parents of a Spanish citizen. I'd like to know if I can post the EU1 form BEFORE they arrive in Ireland in order to avoid immigration issues at Dublin airport. Can this for be mailed prior to their arrival?

My mother was here several months ago and arrived without a return ticket. The immigration official stamped a 30 day permit on her passport, although she left after 27 days. Because of this, she wants to avoid any issues at the airport and would prefer that I mail form EU1 ahead of time. Please advise. Thank you.

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Re: Post EU1 Application befor parents arrive in Ireland?

Post by minhabolacha » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 pm

You will need to send a copy of all the pages in the Passport (including the stamp that they will receive when enter). How would you do that?

sparklingcyder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Post EU1 Application befor parents arrive in Ireland?

Post by sparklingcyder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 pm

So when my parents who are US citizens and have a Spanish long term residency card based on being the family member of an EU arrive in Dublin airport, what exactly should they tell the immigration officer. They are elderly and get confused/flustered easily and due to work, I won't be with them. Besides their US passport and long term Spanish residency card, what other documents should they bring? My birth certificate?? Please help! Thank you.