ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BASED ON T1 ENTREPRENEUR AND Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MAQ777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR BASED ON T1 ENTREPRENEUR AND Dependents

Post by MAQ777 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi Zimba and everyone,

I need your advise please on following situation
I am due to apply my ILR based on tier 1 Entrepreneur in mid July I was first given visa in July 2013 but my dependants(wife&kids) joined me in September 2014. I am not sure what visa application form would I use for me dependents Some people say it FLR(M) some say its FLR(FP). Please advise what is the right form for them or should I apply their IRL too and let HO decide if they will give them an extention or approve ILR Please help it will be much appreciated
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BASED ON T1 ENTREPRENEUR AND Dependents

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:22 pm

They apply as PBS Dependents. No need to change their visa categories.
or should I apply their IRL too and let HO decide if they will give them an extention or approve ILR
Not a good idea as they will be refused as they do not meet the requirements. HO don't 'decide' which visa to issue, the applicant is responsible for applying in the correct category and on the correct form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAQ777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MAQ777 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:38 pm

@CR001
Which Form I am supposed to use for the dependants please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAQ777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MAQ777 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I am on T1 ENTREPRENEUR visa and due to apply my ILR based on tier 1 Entrepreneur in a week.My dependents joined me one year after I was given my visa in 2013.so I have to apply for their extension in order to complete their 5 years as my dependants. I was going through the PBS dependants guidelines it's mentioned that from April 2017 adult dependent need Criminal records certificate from any country they lived in within last 10 years
My question is does my wife need that certificate too as she is in UK since September 2014.
Thanks you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm

MAQ777 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 pm
Hi everyone,

I am on T1 ENTREPRENEUR visa and due to apply my ILR based on tier 1 Entrepreneur in a week.My dependents joined me one year after I was given my visa in 2013.so I have to apply for their extension in order to complete their 5 years as my dependants. I was going through the PBS dependants guidelines it's mentioned that from April 2017 adult dependent need Criminal records certificate from any country they lived in within last 10 years
My question is does my wife need that certificate too as she is in UK since September 2014.
Thanks you
Could you double check ? That is normally for new applications, not extensions.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

MAQ777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MAQ777 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm
MAQ777 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks you

From 6 April 2017, there has been a requirement to provide a criminal record certificate
from the following applicants:
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant,
• Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
• Tier 2 (General) entry clearance applicants coming to work in the education, health
and social care sectors; and
• the adult partner (spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS
migrant in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as
a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently.
16. Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present
in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to
their application, while aged 18 or over.
17. The requirement applies to adult partners of those Tier 2 (General) entry clearance
main applicants whose occupation is defined by one of the following Standard

It Says ENTRY CLEARANCE so I am assuming it's from outside the UK Not when you apply within UK please correct me if I am wrong I just want to make sure I do it correctly
Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:09 pm

MAQ777 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm
MAQ777 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks you
From 6 April 2017, there has been a requirement to provide a criminal record certificate
from the following applicants:
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant,
• Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
• Tier 2 (General) entry clearance applicants coming to work in the education, health
and social care sectors; and
• the adult partner (spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS
migrant in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as
a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently.
16. Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present
in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to
their application, while aged 18 or over.
17. The requirement applies to adult partners of those Tier 2 (General) entry clearance
main applicants whose occupation is defined by one of the following Standard

It Says ENTRY CLEARANCE so I am assuming it's from outside the UK Not when you apply within UK please correct me if I am wrong I just want to make sure I do it correctly
Regards
Correct - your dependant is now applying for leave to remain, not for entry clearance.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

MAQ777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MAQ777 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you