ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HUSBAND'S VISA REFUSAL - INDIA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daksha0707
Newly Registered
India

HUSBAND'S VISA REFUSAL - INDIA

Post by Daksha0707 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 pm

My husband is in India and i applied for his spouse visa in January from here in the UK, his visa got refused in March. the home office refused him due to my income, they said i was earning less than i am required to earn which was totally on the wrong side i am earning more than the minimum income requirement, they made the mistake calculating my 2 job's income. I did an appeal in May but still not received anything from home office. I have been told that the ECM has 90 days to review the application is this correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HUSBAND'S VISA REFUSAL - INDIA

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:21 pm

So what is your income from your two jobs and what evidence exactly did you submit?

How long have you been in each job?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daksha0707
Newly Registered
India

Post by Daksha0707 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Been in full time job 16 month and part time job 12months, my total annual income adds up to 20k. HO calculated it as 18,061 which they never gave a explanation of where how they calculated it. I submitted all relevant documents including a calculated layout of my income from both jobs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Did you submit all payslips and bank statements??

Can you list a breakdown of your monthly/weekly pay?

Can you also post the exact wording of the refusal, without personal info?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm

they did this same crap to me. and they keep doing it, never learn!!! angers me that they keep doing this and get away with it!

Daksha0707
Newly Registered
India

Post by Daksha0707 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm
they did this same crap to me. and they keep doing it, never learn!!! angers me that they keep doing this and get away with it!
What happened at review stage? How long did you wait to hear from eco at review stage?

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Daksha0707 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:10 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
What happened at review stage? How long did you wait to hear from eco at review stage?
we submitted our appeal in December 2017 and didn't get a notice of appeal until march 2018.

Myself, the solicitor and the MP all sent the relevent payslips and employment documents again... But it was all ignored. They even have access to HMRC website.

I complained to them which eventually led to a review being conducted (but this was outside of appeal procedures) and they still failed to acknowledge i earned more than what they was asking. It took them 9 weeks to do that review. and they still maintained the refusal turns out they are all as stupid as eachother.

My solicitor pointed out that due to backlogs and heavy workloads at the point of review the ECM are most likely just to refuse again because they cant be bothered. Its not always the case but i have had such a bad experience dealing with their misconduct i do not trust them one bit.

But i hope your experience is more pleasant than mine lol.

Daksha0707
Newly Registered
India

Post by Daksha0707 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:17 pm
Daksha0707 wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
we submitted our appeal in December 2017 and didn't get a notice of appeal until march 2018.

Myself, the solicitor and the MP all sent the relevent payslips and employment documents again... But it was all ignored. They even have access to HMRC website.

I complained to them which eventually led to a review being conducted (but this was outside of appeal procedures) and they still failed to acknowledge i earned more than what they was asking. It took them 9 weeks to do that review. and they still maintained the refusal turns out they are all as stupid as eachother.

My solicitor pointed out that due to backlogs and heavy workloads at the point of review the ECM are most likely just to refuse again because they cant be bothered. Its not always the case but i have had such a bad experience dealing with their misconduct i do not trust them one bit.

I have been told i need to wait 3 months to hear from the eco. Is this correct?

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Daksha0707 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:17 pm
Daksha0707 wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

I have been told i need to wait 3 months to hear from the eco. Is this correct?
Possibly its hard to advise of any timeline as i had my case expedited because mentally i suffered and nearly died

it took 3 months to even hear from the court for my notice of appeal. they give the home office 15 weeks from date you receive the notice of appeal. my notice of appeal was received in 16th March and my 15 week deadline was 29th June but our case was heard last month.

But please bare in mind the home office live in fantasy land where they have all the time in the world and its not a problem for them!

Your best bet would be to:

1) appeal straight away - provide all the evidence again and further evidence to show you are still earning
2) complain - call them out on their incompetence and provide the evidence again. (you have to spell it out to them like they a small child)
3) get your MP involved they will also be able to provide the evidence too them again and submit a request for review on your behalf.

That way they would have the evidence 4 times. They may refuse to deal with the complaint but threaten them with the ombudsman say you have already been in touch and they have notified you of your rights.

initially the home office said we cant review outside of appeal procedures but because of my complaint and threats with the ombudsman they eventually did it. and it took from 27th Feb til 3rd of may.

Don't let them mug you off because they like to do that. Make sure they know they will be mugging off the wrong person,

Let me know if you need anything else! good luck x

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi, My spouse visa was also refused because they claimed I didn't provide all payslips . I did infact provide them will all payslips . Every other requirements were met. After the refusal decision , My spouse complained to every possible complaint emails she could find . They send back automated messages and said it will take 20 working days to respond. I then went to see my MP and got a letter from him. After that I lodged my appeal. After 2 weeks the 140 fee was deducted . Then one day I decided to send them a complaint myself . As usual I also received the automated message and was told to wait 20 working days Then the next day to my surprise I received a response from them telling me to contact the international team as they don't deal with applications made out of uk. I send an email back again , complaining against the international team and this time also threatening them wit JR and ombudsman. I also attached a copy of my MP letter. Then after few days an email came from Sheffield and it read as follows:

Following a review of your application, please provide your sponsor payslips covering the six month period prior to the application. Once these docs has been receivedd your application will be reconsidered and if there is a change we will email you.

They also included an email and asked me to send the payslips to the email address within 10 working days .

I don't know what these means . Will they reassess the entire application again or just deal with the payslips.

How long will it take them to process?

-any advice would be great.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am

Jedai Prince wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:47 pm
Hi, My spouse visa was also refused because they claimed I didn't provide all payslips . I did infact provide them will all payslips . Every other requirements were met. After the refusal decision , My spouse complained to every possible complaint emails she could find . They send back automated messages and said it will take 20 working days to respond. I then went to see my MP and got a letter from him. After that I lodged my appeal. After 2 weeks the 140 fee was deducted . Then one day I decided to send them a complaint myself . As usual I also received the automated message and was told to wait 20 working days Then the next day to my surprise I received a response from them telling me to contact the international team as they don't deal with applications made out of uk. I send an email back again , complaining against the international team and this time also threatening them wit JR and ombudsman. I also attached a copy of my MP letter. Then after few days an email came from Sheffield and it read as follows:

Following a review of your application, please provide your sponsor payslips covering the six month period prior to the application. Once these docs has been receivedd your application will be reconsidered and if there is a change we will email you.

They also included an email and asked me to send the payslips to the email address within 10 working days .

I don't know what these means . Will they reassess the entire application again or just deal with the payslips.

How long will it take them to process?

-any advice would be great.
Its basically a review of the application again.

it took the 9 weeks to do a review of my fiances application, we told them exactly where they went wrong and sent the supporting evidence again and they had acknowledged it all too. But they still refused for the same reason. incompetence in that department is unreal

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you Ballmigirl17,

Did they ask you to send documents as scanned attachments via an email such as Sheffielddocsrequsred.gsi.gov.uk or you send them the docs in other ways?

How did they acknowledge the docs, they asked me to send mine within 10 working days, I have already sent them last week, still no acknowledgement from them yet. Should I email them and ask if they received the doc or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Jedai Prince wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:51 pm
Thank you Ballmigirl17,

Did they ask you to send documents as scanned attachments via an email such as Sheffielddocsrequsred.gsi.gov.uk or you send them the docs in other ways?

How did they acknowledge the docs, they asked me to send mine within 10 working days, I have already sent them last week, still no acknowledgement from them yet. Should I email them and ask if they received the doc or not?
Can you please continue your questions in your own lengthy topic you have instead of tagging on and continuing asking questions in user 'Daksha0707' thread. It is unfair the OP and creates confusion when members respond.

Please see point 12 in the Forum Rule Top 25 FAQs link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)