ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HRO) Application made invalid - Really depressed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

FLR (HRO) Application made invalid - Really depressed

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello

HO has rejected my FLR (HRO) application for not giving biometrics.

I can apply for ILR after 11 days (I have already deducted the 28 days period). What is the best way to reinstate section 3c in such a case?

I have very limited funds so I could not afford to lose the funds I have paid for my FLR (HRO) application.

I feel so bad. I was only short by 1 month 23 days but HO has done the above to make things difficult for me just 11 days before eligibility for settlement. Kindly advise

Should I cancel my premium appointment? I read that HO takes a long time to refund. I only have £207 in my account. I went all in as I did not have an option.

How soon will I get the money for my HRO app and IHS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (HRO) Application made invalid - Really depressed

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Did you get a letter to enroll biometrics?

If yes, on what date did you get it?

What is your full UK immigration history?

What reason did you apply for FLR(HO)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Did you get a letter to enroll biometrics?

Yes. I thought another letter with the final 10 days will come first but it did not. I was reluctant to give biometrics and lose out on over a thousand quid as paying that much money for such a short visa did not make sense to me. I find the current rules so cold. I received the bio letter in the last week of May I think

What is your full UK immigration history?

I moved here on a tier 4 in 2008 then I was on psw from 2010 and then tier 4 from 2013 to May 2018.

What reason did you apply for FLR(HO)??

Reason was my personal circumstances and also the fact that I cannot go back to my home country after living here for so long.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:20 pm

So you submitted an application basically just to buy time and failed to enroll biometrics.
also the fact that I cannot go back to my home country after living here for so long.
This is not really a compelling compassionate reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 pm

???

I will be very thankful for an urgent response

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:33 pm

I applied for FLR (HRO) based on my personal circumstances and also to cover a gap of a month and half. How else is an immigrant supposed to deal with such harsh rules

I answered your questions. Could you please answer mine? :(

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I answered all your questions. Please answer mine :cry: :cry: :cry:

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm

On what date did you get the letter?

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm

sm12 I have already answered this question. Please check my second post.

And please answer my questions :( :cry:

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Please please please advise :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this.
I'm surprised that no second letter was sent. What did they expect you to do if, for example, the letter never arrived the first time.
I'm not completely sure if they are required to send a second letter or not, or whether it's at their discretion.
I'm not sure if this will help, but try writing to the email address on the biometric letter or write a letter to them. I'm not sure what reason you can offer but you could say that you were about to enroll. Not sure if any reason will work at this stage.
You could approach a solicitor. I know you said you don't have a lot of funds but some solicitors might offer a free short initial consultation.

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you for at least responding to the initial query

Can other senior people respond to my query too please

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Please please reply ... I am really worried :( :( :(

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Did you try calling the UKVI helpline?
Maybe you can say that you were about to enroll and that you didn't receive any warning etc (i.e. second letter) and you can also write to them about it.

kokulan1985
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kokulan1985 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Normally if anyone can provide any exceptional circumstances as a reason such as sick with medical report HO most likely over turn the decision

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I have a sick note which is still valid as I am off from work since last month.

Is a GP sick note sufficient?

'Not fit to work' box is ticked by the doc on this document but the doc did not write any comments on the note.

kokulan1985
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kokulan1985 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:34 pm

That seems fine...you may need to write a PAP letter. Is that biomatric letter is registered post??

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Can I write the PAP letter myself? Do you have a template or can you provide some guidance about it?

The biometric letter was not signed for.

I really cannot involve a solicitor in my situation. I have requested for some financial help from a friend but I am not sure, if I am going to get anything apart from an apology :/

kokulan1985
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kokulan1985 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:01 pm

If you know How to write it then yes. It is very important to seek legal advice and don't be delay as you are nearly 10 years. I strongly recommend you to involve a proper solicitor. Don't be delay...contact HO immediately

shaba ranks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shaba ranks » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:13 am

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-810880

I guess the above link would help unless UKVI changed it's policy which I'm not aware of. May be seniors or moderators would know better but again moderators might only reply to you just to bully you rather than any practical help. Your circumstances and the very idea that you came to this forum to seek help wasn't about the merit of your application but if I'm not wrong then it was to find out why it was REJECTED as INVALID saying you didn't enrol your bio-metric information within the stipulated timeline. If that's the case then the above link might help unless as I said already if the UKVI didn't change the policy.
I personally think they're wrong in rejecting your application without giving you the opportunity second time but please seek professional help to be absolutely sure about it before you take any actions regarding that.
If you find out that the UKVI officials made a mistake by not following their own policy then the next thing would be to write a PAP (as previously suggested) to basically threatening them with legal action mentioning how stupid this mistake that they made by not giving you a second bio-metric enrolment letter and also telling them that a judge would just throw the UKVI's arguments if they have any & also to support that you have the sick not as an added bonus (Regardless of the sick note, they had to send you another letter if the first wasn't enrolled).
Now the most important part would be to make a SET (LR) application within 10/12 days after receiving your Rejected application even though you've not completed the required time (even with minus 28 days) but I guess by the time you would enrol your biometric you would have completed your 10 year even may be the full 10 years and so when the caseworker actually taking a decision on your set (LR) application, they would find it really difficult to refuse it as you would have completed your 10 years at the time of taking the decision.
In the meantime, if the GLD (Govt. Legal Department) replies to you with some senses as these are lawyer within GLD & not just some A level graduate Caseworker that they accept of their mistakes & would give you an opportunity to enrol your bio-metric again if you so wish then you should reply to them saying that you've already made another application for SET(LR) which they should now grant instead as you would have certainly completed your 10 years (minus 28 days) by the now if the UKVI didn't make the stupid mistake and finger cross that should be the end of the matter & they grant your ILR.
If you only challenge the FLR HRO rejection by the way of writing a PAP to them and not making any SET (LR) application then you'll put yourself in danger of not be able to complete the 10 years at all ever as you would loose the 14 days grace period that could be used for only one OUT OF TIME application and considered as if it was made in time.
Your only hope would remain winning the argument of the FLR HRO application rejection but God Forbid if that goes wrong for whatever reason then you wouldn't be able to complete 10 years either.
Now, trouble with the above scenarios to follow that you would have to prepare yourself for a lot of money (Deliberate policy created by the Hostile Environment) which isn't easy at all as we all been there. you would get your FLR HRO money back as it wasn't refused but rejected rather and also get the Premium services money back as you wouldn't attend (minus some administration fees) but these refunds could times and you would have to make a new SET (LR) postal application almost immediately which would again cost you money. I'm really sorry that the Hostile Policy put you in this situation but the above mentioned scenarios are the best way forward in my opinion ( I may well be wrong & I do apologise in advance for any more trouble I might cause)...

Ginger007
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ginger007 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am

Thank you, folks. Your replies are like gold to me.

But I read a caseworker must refuse an ILR application if it is posted before the earliest date of eligibility. What do you have to say to that?

If it is refused and an appeal right is given, do I have to repay the entire fees again?