ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) document check & a few final questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

SET(M) document check & a few final questions

Post by jmed » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm preparing my application for ILR under SET(M) (5 year route) and was hoping that some of you fine folks would be willing to do a document check for me. I also have a few final questions, which is really just to calm my paranoia! Thank you all in advance.

Background:
My husband is a British citizen by birth and I am an American citizen. We currently have no children, though I am 32 weeks pregnant. Neither of us have previously been married.

First spouse visa granted: 25 April 2013
Entered UK on first spouse visa: 15 May 2013
First spouse visa expiry: 25 January 2016
FLR(M) granted: 4 January 2016
FLR(M) expiry: 25 July 2018
Five year qualifying period met (I think) on 15 May 2018

1 x copy of completed SET(M) application form printed from website (applying online)
2 x passport photographs of myself (with name written on back)
2 x passport photographs of my husband (with name written on back)
My passport (valid for the entire duration of this process)
My husband’s British passport
My biometric residence permit
Our marriage certificate (though it didn’t ask for it, I see that many other people have included it)
Husband's signed declaration
Life in the UK pass certificate dated 30 June 2018

Financial Requirement Documents
- Bank statement for the period 6 Oct 2017 - 9 May 2018 (this whole period constitutes one statement from my bank and though we don't need the bits from 2017, I didn't want to remove pages from the document as it states page 1 of x)
- Printed copy of bank transactions from 9 May 2018 - 30 June 2018 (printed in branch with "digital stamp" - they refuse to properly stamp or sign as it's against policy and our next real statement won't be available until Nov 2018)
- Letter from my employer dated 25 June 2018
- Payslips from my employer with signatures from 8 Dec 2017 - 22 June 2018
- P60 from my employer with signature for 2017/2018 tax year
- Letter from my husband's employer dated 4 July 2018
- Payslips from my husband's employer with signatures from 31 Dec 2017 - 30 June 2018

Evidence of Cohabitation
- Council tax bill, jointly addressed, dated 10 Mar 2016
- Lloyd's Bank statement, jointly addressed, period July 2016 - October 2016
- Council tax bill, jointly addressed, dated 10 Mar 2017
- Tesco bank travel insurance renewal, addressed to me, dated 14 Sep 2017
- Council garden waste bill, addressed to husband, dated 1 Oct 2017 or Tesco bank credit card bill, addressed to husband, dated 13 Oct 2017 please see related question at end
- Gas bill, addressed to husband, dated 6 Jan 2018
- NHS appointment letter, addressed to me, dated 22 Jan 2018
- Lloyd's Bank interest rate letter, jointly addressed, dated Apr 2018

Other documents requested in the form
- mortgage details: completion of registration letter from Land Registry, letter from solicitor with loan amortization schedule please see related question at end
- council tax bills (said was not mandatory but preferred, and we have used these for correspondence evidence as listed above, apart from one from this year which we never received - guess they've made us go paperless! :shock: )
- MAT B1 NHS maternity certificate (photocopy signed by my midwife, original was submitted to employer for maternity pay) – NOTE: this is relevant because of the section that asks if you have any other reasons for wishing to stay in the UK. I stated that we are about to have our first child (who will be a British citizen). I stated that my current visa expires before the child is due but that travelling back to America to give birth in the event of an unsuccessful application was difficult for three reasons: 1) it’s against medical advice to travel at this stage in the pregnancy and many airlines won’t let you do it anyway, 2) it would impact on our time together as a family as leave is limited and obviously we don’t know exactly when the child will be born, and 3) it would be cost prohibitive given that I don’t have medical insurance in America. This part of the application asks what evidence you will provide and I stated that I would provide a signed copy of my MAT B1 from the NHS.

Whew! Thanks for sticking with me so far!

So my questions are these:
1) Given the odd way that my bank does statements, do you think it will be a problem using a branch printed copy of the past month and a half's transactions? I really don't know what else we could do since a statement won't exist yet and they absolutely refuse to physically stamp and sign anything, even though they fully understand the situation. Should I put a covering letter of sorts explaining this?
2) For the correspondence section, we have two different documents addressed to my husband for the same sort of time period - one is a credit card bill and the other is from the council but it's for garden waste. We're probably overthinking it, but do you think there would be a preference? We've otherwise really struggled with the correspondence section since so many things are paperless now.
3) For the mortgage bit, we have a private mortgage (through a family member) rather than one through a bank. It is an official mortgage but it means that we don't have a mortgage agreement as such. We only have the document from the Land Registry showing that we are the owners and that monies are owed to the family members, and the letter from the solicitor with the attached loan repayment schedule. Do you think this is fine?
4) Do you think I should include that bit about me being pregnant and due after the visa expires? I forget the exact way it was worded, but the question basically asked if there was any other reason for me to want to stay in the country, so I felt that I should include it. If I shouldn't, please let me know.

Thank you all very much for reading and for any assistance you may be able to give!

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: SET(M) document check & a few final questions

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:34 am

Please if someone can have a look particularly at the evidence of cohabitation, I would be very grateful. I posted this in another forum as well and am now freaking out (for lack of a better phrase) as the only commenter stated the documents must be perfectly evenly spaced, as in exactly 5 months apart from one another. We've used the online application and this doesn't even use the phrase "spaced evenly" but apparently the paper form does. I just don't know if this is correct and they truly want documents for every five months exactly. Please someone help if you can! Thank you in advance!

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Please if anyone has a few minutes to read my post and reply, I would greatly appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Your post is incredibly long, which does tend to put members off responding, especially those using mobile devices.

Will try look at in a short while.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you CR001. I suppose trying to be thorough came at the sake of brevity!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Everything you have is fine and meets the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks, CR001. I'm surprised (though extremely relieved) to hear that since in another forum, people have been so insistent on the cohabitation evidence being exactly 5 months apart from each other. The longest gap I have is 7 months I think - does this definitely sound okay to you? We were otherwise thinking of writing a covering letter stating that we have gaps because we are paperless, but are happy to provide any printed bills/statements or any other evidence they want to show that we've been in a subsisting relationship this whole time. Should we include that anyway or is it just overkill?

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm

You could print off a few online bills and just have them to hand in case you are asked.

Remember that payslips, bank statements and employment letters can also double up as cohab.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you!

We don't have a PSC appointment unfortunately as there were never any available when we were looking, so we just accepted our fate of having to post it in and wait. That makes it tricky though to be at the ready with more documents if they want them. Slight tangent here, but regarding a PSC appointment, could I complete the online application now before my current leave expires and book a PSC for after it expires? I know you can't do that if you are using the paper form, but not sure how it works if using the one online.

Back to the topic at hand though, I knew that bank statements could count, but didn't realise that payslips or employment letters could.

The problem with our bank statements is that we only get them every six months :!: so we've been assuming that the date they would use is the date the bank statement is issued (rather than at any other point during the six months it covers) which means that none of our statements fall in conveniently spaced gaps for our other documents.

Regarding employment letters, if I have something from my employer about a bonus I've received - would that count? I have payslips for every four weeks for the entire 2.5 year duration as well, but they are also paperless so would need to be printed and signed I guess?

Thank you so much by the way. You have no idea how much more relaxed I am already feeling because of your replies!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Send in a few online bills.

HO will write to you if they need clarity or more info but I think you have covered everything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jmed
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jmed » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you again.

Do you know the answer about the PSC appointments? Can I complete the online application before my current leave expires and then attend an appointment after it expires? I will have already paid as part of the online application.

Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:38 am

You must attend a premium service appointment before your visa expires. You need to have valid leave to remain on the day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SpouseOfSettler
United Kingdom

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Jmed,

Have you received a response as yet with regard to your visa?

Would be interested as we are in a similar position with regards to documents.