ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

h1111
Newly Registered
Liechtenstein

Online application

Post by h1111 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi there,
I have 2 questions, and I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
1- The online application is a bit confusing and don't match the guidance note. Earlier on the application I have provided provided refree details, and when I completed 2 refree declarations. Does this mean that the refree must write declaration, or is their details enough?

2- What to do if my local council don't have nationality document return service?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Online application

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 pm

h1111 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi there,
1- The online application is a bit confusing and don't match the guidance note. Earlier on the application I have provided provided refree details, and when I completed 2 refree declarations. Does this mean that the refree must write declaration, or is their details enough?

2- What to do if my local council don't have nationality document return service?

You can book the appointment with any council that provide the service. I lived in Greenwich but went to Hammersmith.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:24 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 pm
h1111 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi there,

Actually I like paper form more than online. There are people also mentioned in the forum that they suddenly cannot submit the documents after the booked online. And if fails to post the document within 10 working days. Money gone.

In my opinion, I don't see advantage for the applicant to apply online. Actually, I think this facilitate their processing application as they don't need to input the data again, I guess.

You can book the appointment with any council that provide the service. I lived in Greenwich but went to Hammersmith.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Online quite easy to use, at the end of application when you submit it will give you option to print refree sheet which your refree needs to sign

You can book with any council but all seems busy or you can post your documents directly to home office the a dress will be provided with list of documents to send at the end of application

TreeHugger7
South Africa

Post by TreeHugger7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am

nidaulhaque wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm
Online quite easy to use, at the end of application when you submit it will give you option to print refree sheet which your refree needs to sign

You can book with any council but all seems busy or you can post your documents directly to home office the a dress will be provided with list of documents to send at the end of application
Are signature a must from referees ?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

TreeHugger7 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am
nidaulhaque wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Are signature a must from referees ?
Hi,

Yeah the signatures are must on the form you will print online. You have to stick the passport photo on the forms as well.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 am

regarding Referees, you have to input all there details online, and in end they will give you two forms where you will stick your photo on each form and will ask the referee to write your name and at bottom they will write thr name and sign the form.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

h1111
Newly Registered
Liechtenstein

Post by h1111 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 pm

Thank you very much for your all your reply, it was really helpful.