ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in ownership - 50% share sale

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnair
Newly Registered

Change in ownership - 50% share sale

Post by arnair » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:18 am

In May 2018 (First week) my company has sold 50% share to a new investor. After couple of weeks, they have updated the change via SMS. In end of June my company representative has received a reply saying we have to apply for a new licence. Currently, they are preparing the new application and hopefully they will be submitting it in next week.

I am the only one who is in a visa (Tier 2 General) and I have been working for them for more than 4 years.

When I gone through the employer guidance, it seems there is time limit to apply for new licence after a takeover, merger or change in ownership (don't know whether it's 100% or not).

It's been more than 2 months after the share sale. Just wondering, whether the time limit to submit new application (28 days) is applicable in our case as we have already notified the changes within 28 days, but they only responded in end of June.

What would happen to my visa if they get a new licence?

Do I have to apply for new visa once they get the licence? If yes , do we need provide RLMT evidence?

What will happen to my status, if they reject the application?

I will be eligible to apply for ILR in next year June. Will the above change affect my ILR application?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Change in ownership - 50% share sale

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:10 pm

arnair wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:18 am
In May 2018 (First week) my company has sold 50% share to a new investor. After couple of weeks, they have updated the change via SMS. In end of June my company representative has received a reply saying we have to apply for a new licence. Currently, they are preparing the new application and hopefully they will be submitting it in next week.

I am the only one who is in a visa (Tier 2 General) and I have been working for them for more than 4 years.

When I gone through the employer guidance, it seems there is time limit to apply for new licence after a takeover, merger or change in ownership (don't know whether it's 100% or not).

It's been more than 2 months after the share sale. Just wondering, whether the time limit to submit new application (28 days) is applicable in our case as we have already notified the changes within 28 days, but they only responded in end of June.

What would happen to my visa if they get a new licence? if new licence to your employer is success. nothing happen to your visa.

Do I have to apply for new visa once they get the licence? If yes , do we need provide RLMT evidence?

What will happen to my status, if they reject the application? You will loss the job, and VISA curtailed.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR in next year June. Will the above change affect my ILR application? Hopefully your employer can renew the licence, if not, your VISA will also be curtailed.
Good luck.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

arnair
Newly Registered

Re: Change in ownership - 50% share sale

Post by arnair » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi All,

My company has got the licence and they have successfully transferred me to their new licence. The process took approximately 4 months

Thank you very much for the guidance