ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa and benefits

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ShaanK
Newly Registered

spouse visa and benefits

Post by ShaanK » Tue May 06, 2008 9:59 pm

I was an asylum seeker and was granted british citizenship in Oct 2007 along with my 3 children under amnesty.

I want to call over my husband from Pakistan. he is the father of my children. but he previously overstayed and work. HO know bout this cause he told at interview. he went back without being notice. his visa was refuse because they don't beleve in our relationship. we appeal and it refuse again. we appeal again and we win, he can apply again.

I am on benefits. Is it true that I can stay on benefits and still my husband can come?

And will Home office look into my immigration history that I am british from asylum amnesty? will affect my husband visa?

thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 07, 2008 10:05 am

The fact that you are on benefits will almost certainly result in another refusal. The immigration rules mitigate against entry to the UK where there is likely or will be recourse to public funds.
Do you have any income other than benefits? If you are solely reliant on benefits essentially you will fail at the first hurdle.

I assume you are applying for a spouse visa?

Your immigration history has no bearing as you are now a Brit Citizen. The only barriers will be your husbands history and anything else the ECO can think up to frustrate the entry clearance.

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Yes, if you are applying for a spouse visa for your husband you need to show you can support him, and not on benefits.