ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning home after asylum granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ShaanK
Newly Registered

Returning home after asylum granted

Post by ShaanK » Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 pm

I was asylum seeker, got british nationality in Oct 2007 under amnesty. I m from Pakistan. Am I allowed to return to Pakistan although I was seeking asylum from there? my case was resolved under amnesty so is not really asylum.

would i get in trouble with home office? can they take away my citizenship?

thankyou

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 07, 2008 11:07 am

With a Brit Citizen UK passport there are no travel restrictions. Despite how you came by it!

You might find yourself subject to a question or two on your return, that will be the IO having a dig. Nothing else to worry about though.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Miraculously, the threat has now disappeared?

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 07, 2008 1:07 pm

I could say 'luck of the Irish' but not appropriate in this situation. :D
So good luck you have British Passport.
But I hope when you go home you encourage others to NOT tread the path you previously chose to come here to the UK.
Are you grateful by the way, or laughing your head off because you beat the system?