ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application and lost passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Papillon2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

BC application and lost passport

Post by Papillon2018 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:15 am

Hello, we are family of four got PR in October 2016 via Tire 2 route. Now planning to apply for BC and then Passport. Unfortunately I lost my old passport that had the original UK visa with which I entered this country. That passport expired almost 4 years and half ago. I was using my new passport. Now for the BC application how much crucial would that passport be? I have photocopies of the pages of that passport (not notaried though). My family members have their old passports in hand that contained the original visa. I was working in the University here which will write a letter about how many days I was absent during the period that covers that old passport (proving I did not oversatyed my oversease trips). Do you think this is a problem that I must somehow prepare to face?

Secondly, I want to go for a premier service as I do not want to hold my passport somewhere. For us we live in Belfast, where should we go for document check.

Thank you very much dear fellas.

Cheers

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: BC application and lost passport

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am

Papillon2018 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:15 am
Hello, we are family of four got PR in October 2016 via Tire 2 route. Now planning to apply for BC and then Passport. Unfortunately I lost my old passport that had the original UK visa with which I entered this country. That passport expired almost 4 years and half ago. I was using my new passport. Now for the BC application how much crucial would that passport be? I have photocopies of the pages of that passport (not notaried though). My family members have their old passports in hand that contained the original visa. I was working in the University here which will write a letter about how many days I was absent during the period that covers that old passport (proving I did not oversatyed my oversease trips). Do you think this is a problem that I must somehow prepare to face?

Not an issue at all. Just provide what you have (copies) and with a cover letter says you lost your old passport. The UKVI has all your entry/ leave info anyway. your absence needs to declare in the form and need to be accurate

Secondly, I want to go for a premier service as I do not want to hold my passport somewhere. For us we live in Belfast, where should we go for document check.

There are no premier service like VISA application. but you can use document return service in local council so you don't need to post your travel document. unfortunately no such service in north Ireland. but you can go anyone you wanted, not restricted by where you live.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

Thank you very much dear fellas.

Cheers
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.