ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for First British passport – queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WalSag
Newly Registered

Application for First British passport – queries

Post by WalSag » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 am

Hello,
I have just naturalised and want to apply for my first British passport. I have a couple of queries:
1. In the table of supporting documents (page 12 of the Guidance notes), there is a tick for ‘any other uncancelled passports relating to you’. That means I have to send them my foreign passport. Will they be returning it directly to me (and not to my country’s consulate in London)? I definitely do not want it cancelled, my country of origin allows dual citizenship.
2. For parents/grandparents, it asks for the marriage date. What if they later divorced, do I need to mention it and specify the divorce date?
3. Some of my parents and grandparents’ family names +first names are too long to fit on the form (even if I use section 8). Can I just add a covering letter?
4. Because my grandparents were born overseas, I have to fill in their details. One of them had a title (nobility) but only used it in certain contexts. I don’t know if they ever used it on their passport. There is no space for 'Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss' so is it OK if I just omit it? What with ‘Prince Jackson’ and ‘Baron Trump’, the Home Office might mistake it for an additional first name anyway! I am really not trying to be posh, this has been the bane of my life where I come from.
Thanks!

WalSag
Newly Registered

Re: Application for First British passport – queries

Post by WalSag » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 am

Section Eight, sorry.