ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jenbarkouk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Lebanon

Confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa

Post by Jenbarkouk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi I am a British citizen currently living with my palestinian husband in Lebanon (5 years married). We applied for my husband to go to the uk with me in august for 10 days to attend my brothers wedding and to return in december for 20 days to be present when I give birth to our first baby. We stated that all accomodation costs are covered by my family and we will be staying in my family home. Therefore, my husband is only responsible for his travel costs and other leisure costs. We estimated he would need £2700 for these trips, however the ECO has refused based on disbelief that my husband has sufficent funds to cover the trip although more than enough is stated in his bank account statements. We also mentioned he has 2 jobs, one as general manager of pizza hut and one is a family electricity business earning an extra $600 cash in hand. The ECO does not believe he will leave UK at the end of his stay although i declared i would be travelling there and back to Lebanon with him and he has work commitments and home rent agreement. In addition, I think the ECO has got his application mixed up with another applicants because they say my husband intends to visit for manchester Ikim film festival and is staying 1 month and 2 weeks, both of which are untrue and not mentioned in our application. My husband is thinking to apply again before I go to give birth in the UK, just wondering what we can do right this time.
If anyone could give any guidance on what we can do next I would be very grateful.
Many thanks

ouflak1

Re: Confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:57 am

If you've got everything documented, including their statements about the Manchester IKIM film festival, then you can appeal asking them to demonstrate where they got any information about a film festival or the extra time spent in the UK beyond what he stated. If you can clear this up, that is the best thing to do. Otherwise a refusal can cast a long shadow on future applications.

Jenbarkouk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Jenbarkouk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am

Thankyou for your reply. I was not sure I was able to appeal on a visit visa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Jenbarkouk wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am
Thankyou for your reply. I was not sure I was able to appeal on a visit visa.
Apart from on Human Rights claims, there is no longer a right of appeal for a visitor visa refusal.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/righ ... -abolished

You could apply for an Administrative Review (AR) but it may be faster to re-apply than challenge the decision.
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.