ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of funds question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickmpco

Proof of funds question

Post by nickmpco » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi All,

I am on a tier 2 visa and just had twins. We are trying to sort out their visas in time to go home for Christmas, but we might not be able to show 90 continuous days of 2*630=£1260 maintenance. I do have some other options, that I do not know would work:

1) Our savings are held in my wife's account, where we can show this amount for 90 days. She is also a dependent on my visa. Would this suffice as proof of funds if I have a supporting letter from my wife?

2) I might be able to show this money for 90 days by combining my US savings account with my UK savings account (barely using the current exchange rate). Is combing 2 accounts (one of which is not UK) sufficient?

I have an a-rated sponsor, but they state that they will only certify maintenance if a business case can be made (and Christmas plans likely won't qualify). And sorry for so many questions, when they say showing "cash" I expect a savings account will count just like a checking account?

Thank you!