ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 CoS salary lower than on RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lrajaa
Newly Registered

Tier 2 CoS salary lower than on RLMT

Post by lrajaa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello

I was hoping someone might kindly provide some advice with regards to my situation.

My new employer has issued a CoS with salary £33,150 which is above the salary requirement for Tier 2 for my SOC code. However, I noticed the salary on the RLMT adverts do not match.

Salary on Universal Jobsmatch: £34000 -£38000
Salary on industry-based journal: up to £40000 (I applied through this channel)

I told my employer that my CoS salary is lower than the salary on the Jobsmatch advert and my visa may get refused. He said it should be fine because I applied through the journal advert and that matches. He also said he checked with his sponsorship agents and they said it should be fine.

I don't feel confident with his answer because I thought the salary on the CoS should match both RLMT adverts. What would you guys advise? Go ahead and apply for the visa and hope it won't be refused? I know putting a higher salary on the CoS than what is advertised will get a refusal but will they also refuse my visa if the CoS salary is lower than on the RLMT?

Should I get my employer to re-do the RLMT with the lower salary rate before applying for the visa or is there no need?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 CoS salary lower than on RLMT

Post by iworker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am

IMO, a lower salary is fine.

JessSang
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JessSang » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Irajaa,

I know its been a while, but was wondering what happened to your case? I am kind of in a similar situation. Would really appreciate your help here.

Jess

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by dikayudha8 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:14 am

Hi Jess,

I had same situation like you last year. My employer posted RLMT with higher salary than the actual CoS. I got my CoS rejected because of it. Unfortunately, We had to re run RLMT to match the salary range (i.e. if your salary is 32k, then it will be okay if the RLMT salary range is 31.9k - 48k). Then everything was fine since then. So I believe you should get it right before you apply for CoS.

JessSang
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JessSang » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 pm

dikayudha8 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:14 am
Hi Jess,

I had same situation like you last year. My employer posted RLMT with higher salary than the actual CoS. I got my CoS rejected because of it. Unfortunately, We had to re run RLMT to match the salary range (i.e. if your salary is 32k, then it will be okay if the RLMT salary range is 31.9k - 48k). Then everything was fine since then. So I believe you should get it right before you apply for CoS.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

Jess