ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary for Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gud
Newly Registered

Salary for Tier 2 Extension

Post by gud » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm

I work as a Physiotherapist for NHS and I had been granted Tier 2 (General) visa (from the UK embassy in India) on the salary of £23,628. I was issued visa for 1 year initially and it is coming to it's expiry date this Mid October(2018). I am now due for an extension which my employer is happy to do. However, looking in to this forum and the Tier 2 guidance document on the Gov.uk website, suggest that I need a minimum of £30,000 salary to get an extension for Tier 2 (general).

I can also see on Tier 2 guidance document that if you are a "New entrant", a salary of £20,800 or the appropriate rate for the job is sufficient. I am currently 25 year old and in Sep 18, I will turn 26. I was wondering if I would be fine if I apply for my Tier 2 extension before my birthday in September?

Any suggestions/ideas welcome!